Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Milestones


I have so much to share. Moon coming in to stay, me turning 28, and things I've been thinking on lately... but for this post, lets celebrate the past month of our lives.

TheDuckling turned ONE MONTH old on Saturday!

He's grown. We love him. He knows us and we know him.

I've nursed him every few hours... lots of diaper changes... lots of sweet bebe noises. I've had nervous times where I thought I wasn't producing enough milk, or that something I ate made him gassy. I spent hours praying for James to take the transition well. I've worried about making enough time to spend with each of my boys--- I've been patient. I've been angry. Some days I felt like a terrible mother. Other days, I've felt like I truly rock at this job.

But the bottom line is this:
In one simple month, our lives have changed. Forever altered. Jackson has made our little family happier than it's ever been. He's meant to be ours.

I'm so thankful to be here... at this moment... in this place... a mother of two beautiful boys... married to a courageous and tender man. I want nothing more than to protect my little family... to keep us safe from all harm... to keep us growing and looking up.

That's where my heart is today.
In this space I feel beautiful. I feel strong. I'm fulfilled. I'm hopeful.

Here is our precious Jackson: bebe.jax, theDuckling, stinkBug, Harvey.






So proud to be here, no worse for wear!!! I've got lots more to share... exciting new creative ventures that will be coming my way in the next few days... But for now, I've got a picnic to pack. A storm is rolling in. We plan to sit in the grass and watch it play out... clouds, wind, birds... then duck for cover when the rain starts. *Very exciting* no matter what your age!

Peace, love, and summer.showers,
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your blogs are always so exciting to read. Little Jackson is just ADORABLE!! I could just eat him up. You are so great at taking pictures! :)

I hope ya'll fun on your picnic. Picnics are the BEST!!! :)

Much Love and lots of Hugs!

Carley said...

I'm giggling at "Harvey". Where did that nickname come from? Hope your birthday weekend was wonderful!

Megan said...

Just a few things to say:

1- Jackson is just adorable!

2- Love, love, love your new background!

3- 28. Wow! No, you're still so young. To be 28 and have two kids-that's great! That would be my goal. So, happy birthday darling!!

4- You're just so darn cute and creative!

5- You're a GREAT mother and I aspire to be like you.

6- Love ya and miss ya!!!

Michelle Sanders said...

Did I mention I want to eat his face?

I still miss you more than anything in the world right now.

Love.