Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun on the Fourth!


Happy Fourth of July folks!

Think about it: July 4th... where has our year gone?

It was a great day for my little family of four. We spent the day at my parents with my two sisters and their families. Daddy smoked tons of yummy meat for all the carnivores there. Brisket, pork ribs, beef ribs, sausage, chicken... Yums. My sister made some kickin' potato salad and baked beans and I made homemade vanilla ice cream to go with Momma's peach cobbler. Oh, and James made Mango Sorbet... or what is better known as 'Salmon Sorbet' for all you Henry's in the house. All was delicious.

We spent the day eating and swimming... then my little family broke away to head to the levy to watch the fireworks. It was a beautiful night. Hot as Blue.Blazes, mind you. We parked at the State Capitol and walked down the levy a little. We were lucky enough to connect with a great little family we love, and atop their daddies shoulders, our bebies watched a beautiful fireworks display. TheDuckling was tucked into his bebe sling, cuddling close with his momma. After the grand finale, we walked back to the car where we let the kids run with sparklers under the oaks at the capitol. Beautiful. Sweet. A perfect end to a great family day.

Here are a few pics:

My beautiful sister and her growing family... with one more on the way!

James and Dylan... the perfect pair. They are five months apart and they are like two peas! I love seeing them together.

A few of the swimmin' crew!

Sweet bebeJax (9weeks!)

Sparkler.love

*I'll try to share more fun pics later... I've got a house to clean this week! Since Danyelle was in town for nearly two weeks, we've been running the roads. The house has been more of a landing/refueling station. Oh the mess! Plus, I'm gearing up to a big week.long trip to Houston. I CAN'T WAIT to head West to my favorite forest. Harry Potter comes out next week and I've GOT to see it with Moon... so much to look forward to. Anywho... I'll get those pics up eventually.

Peace, love, and night.time.sparkles!
xo
lmkw

6 comments:

Janee said...

P has the dress danyelle's little one had on! Another one??? Can't wait to see more pics...I can't believe Jackson is so big!!!

Jennifer said...

Looks like ya'll had a grand 'ole time. :o) Your kiddos are getting so big! I must meet them before bebeJax gets to big.

Much Love!!! :o)

GreenErica said...

Oh, Lindsey! I can imagine your mom and dad are just over the moon with ALL of the grandkids there! The pool pic is so special!

I've been reading The Half Blood Prince in preparation....

Can't wait to see you...

e

MsAmerica said...

Hey pretty lady...

I LOVE all your pictures, and my favorite is all the beautiful grandkids in the pool. I love you people...

-xo

Callie said...

Looks like so much fun! I especially love that "hey what's happenin hot stuff" look that your wee one is giving the camera :)

Becca G! said...

I love looking at your pics! Your little men are sooooo adorable! I want to squeeze them both!
Have a great time visiting here in Texas!!!

Love ya *xoxo* B