Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home again!

Hello you blog.lovelies! We are home from Texas with the weekend at our back. Oh. .... wait for it... Oh, I had a nice time. I miss Houston so much it's pitiful. Kingwood specifically... but Houston as a whole. *sigh* But neither of us is really surprised. So let's move on, shall we?

The highlight to this trip was the sleeeep. Yes, I added an 'e' for each night Jackson slept through without waking. Basically we slept until around noon each day, more or less. I know many of you reading this are judging me right now.

Admit it!

You are... but please, let me explain: I'm a nursing mother of an almost 3 month old AND 3 year old toddler. Let me make it even more plain for those of you whose uterus'* have no history: I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN THREE MONTHS.

There. (And yes, I did just insert a footnote into my blog. Score!)

So sleeping til noon was certainly a highlight to my trip. I feel like all my woes melted away under that down comforter. We stayed in a really nice hotel right off the Galleria. It was a suite with a kitchen, living area, etc. So comfy and homey. I face this next week somewhat restored feeling.

AND the second best thing was that I got to spend nearly everyday with this lovely lady.
Yes, my Moonbeam. My soul mate. My bestie. In this pic, we were on our way out the door to see Harry Potter... eat Turkish yums... fall into a tar pit... then be attacked by soft.soap. All in that order. I love her. Oh, and look at that lovely spray tan I'm rocking! Nice. ;)

I also got to spend a good bit of time with this lady.

Ah, The.Granna. She's the Granna to my boys, the master of my zen, and the patter of my back. When the world harshes my mellow, Claire comes in and saves the day. Seriously. Our first day there, she took theDuckling for the night to let me and theHotness go on a little dinner.date. We went to the Melting Pot and enjoyed the heck out of ourselves... all the while knowing that our Tiny was safe and sound in the most capable hands around. It was our first night away from him... and it went well.

Am I forgetting something?

Oh, we ate at Lupe Tortilla as many times as possible. James scored some great clothes... Erica provided a new instalment of jewels**... and we even did a little house hunting for when we transfer back to Kingwood. Well, I mean.. we decided on a neighborhood we liked. Hopefully we will be back within the next 24 months. James spent most of the week with the in.laws. They love him so much- and always pack their time together with great activities. I hate not having him with me but I know how important it is to let him have his special time away with MawMaw.Pops. Plus, it allowed some super.snuggly time with bebeJax. He's growing up so fast- and I'm ridiculously in love with him. Nuts! He's got the sweetest little spirit and most expressive nature. Romance, that one!

Here are a few snapshots of our week. Mostly random tid.bits... from Lola... or the point.n.shoot which lacks a name.
Me and Tater. *L.O.V.E* I'm crazy in love with this gent.




Tate took this last shot with Lola... and I love it.

So I've got a lot on tap this week. I've got my hands full for sure. 1.) I really am antsy to share a new project I've been working on. 2.) I want to talk seriously about being a mother of two... the things that make me soar, the things that make me sink... and finding my way through the middle. 3.)Plus, I'm about to launch into a major photo.inspiration undertaking. I'm hoping to sit down and pencil out some of my goals creatively (which include my blog journaling) tomorrow some time. It's always better for me to have things on paper so I can actively work toward my goals.

That's it! It's nearly 1 a.m. and I'm needing to go snuggle the biggest boy.

Peace, love, and night.time.clouds.
xo
lmkw

*uterus'... or is it uteri?
**jewels, why Greenerica of course! More to share about this... coming soon!

3 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Speaking of penciling in...I'm just sayin'.

Oh and I wanna nuzzle that little'en of yours.

Jennifer said...

So GREAT to hear about your trip to Texas. Sounds like you had a lovely time! :o) Now, when are we getting together pretty lady?

I had no idea you were planning on moving back to Texas. Goodness, we haven't even caught up yet. Well, I guess 24 months is a little while away, but it is really close as well. We must get together soon!

Much love!

GreenErica said...

Oh, Buttercup...

24 months? I thought it was 12 months?!?!?

xo