Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello again...

Oh friends,

This is where I apologize for being so quiet for so long. Thanks to the Philippines and all the nice Dell technicians that live there, I am up and running again. My computer required a new hard drive, a slew of candy.colored installation CDs, and eleven and a half hours on the phone with various technicians. We are almost fully restored and back to normal. I've got to figure out my wireless situation... I'm currently borrowing Internet service from a neighbor- all while mine is up and running, just undetected by my poor lappy.

Not having my computer was really hard at first. I was aggravated for the first three days... but then my aggravation gave way to a very smooth and sublime feeling of NOW. A nice yellow feeling. I forgot what anonymity felt like... It was nice for the world to know now all we were doing, and to not know what everyone else was doing. Something all together authentic about it... you know?

Now, nothing is really worse than feeling like there is a 'lifetime' of stuff to share- but not having the inspiration to adequately cover that much ground. Makes me feel... what's the word... pressured. Silly, though. This is my blog- I call the shots... so I should just get over it. So, here I go!

On 'getting over it:'

My lovely sister is in town from California. *The one in the center* She's down with my niece and nephew. She's my best friend and I love her company so much. What better way to commemorate our girl.time together than brunch at Brennan's in NewOrleans? Danyelle graduated from Tulane- so between the two of us, we have a ton of favorite places in NewOrleans. But you can't beat the food, spirit, and history at Brennan's. It was theHotness' idea to keep the kids for us while we went and enjoyed our time, just the girls.

Cooling down the triple.digit.hot weather here in South Louisiana one icy bloody mary at.a.time!

We got confirmation yesterday that my daddy is cancer free! Most of you didn't know- but some time ago, Daddy had a melanoma found on his neck. After a scary surgery and lab work, we were told that the plastic surgeon had removed it all and caught it in an early stage- so no radiation or chemo. Daddy has had two 'run in's with cancer in the past 3 years- nothing short of God's grace and mercy brought us through unharmed. I'm so grateful to serve a living God... one who hears our cries and meets our needs EVERYDAY, everyday. I can't imagine living this life without my feet planted on His solid rock. I can't imagine living this life without the Faith that passes all understanding... How does it go? 'Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future and life is worth the living just because He lives.' I love you Daddy and can't imagine my life without you.

Traipsing around Baton Rouge/New Orleans on this whirlwind playdate.a.day schedule with Danyelle and the kids... on this day, our little fishermen James and Dylan posed for a few pics at the bass.pro shop. Lots more pics to come showing these boys off on their adventures.

Watching theDuckling grow each day. I never imagined having as much love for a second child... I mean, how is that even possible to have that much love to give? But as miraculous as pregnancy and childbirth is- the love that follows is immeasurable. And as the picture suggest, he's a calm and laid back little.lover.

How did I get two calm and good natured little boys? Yes, I just knocked on my wooden nightstand. Watching them bond is really somethin' else. They've really reinvented the concept of joy in my life.

One HUGE change that came after having my first child was how SIMPLE life became. No more pretending. No more need for drama just to feel alive. No more pouting or 'deep' thinking to make me feel like a complex living creature. I was immediately de.centered in my life- and other real things took center stage. Simple things make me happy. I have an ultimate purpose in my life. Second to the Love I receive from my Savior, I can't help but see this as one of the greatest gifts I've ever received. I just made twenty.eight... we've come so far. So far! I always wanted a family when I was little. I'd wonder what my husband would be like... my kids... what would we do together? And here I am... tangled under the covers with three of the sweetest guys in the world. James is very vocal- I've got to do a separate post about that. But the other day I walked out dressed in a new outfit. He ran to me, grabbed my hands, and in dancing a circle around me said, "Momma! Look at you, my pretty little dancing girl." Then in the car yesterday on our way to the museum, "Momma, I lub you best when you lubbing me. I'm a berry happy boy."

I've taken lots of pictures... something I love very very much. This is me reflected in a window during our jaunt down to NewOrleans. I've got a mountain of editing to do. In time.

So that's what we've been up to lately, more or less. As soon as Danyelle leaves to go home, I'll recommit to blog.world. Maybe a post.a.day to renew our vows or something. Thanks for hanging in there while I've been lost in cyber.space...

Have a Happy Fourth! We have fun plans! What are yours!?
Peace, love, and homemade lemon squares and black coffee.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Janee said...

So glad you're back! So the crafting sewing machine bit the dust after only two dresses, so I'm returning it to Walmart with the claim that it's defective (who knows, it couldve been my fault, but I don't know that and neither does Walmart.) So I'm upgrading to something better than the tiny "Pixie" (which was its actual name!) Which means... BETTER STUFF to make!

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging! :o) My how I have missed you! Much Love!