Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hellos from the road!

Hello friendlies!

Thank you each so much for your embraced love and support of my newest venture, Mustard.Seed.Photography. As many of you said, it's been a long time coming and it has really transformed things for me/in me this past week. By week two of it's big debut, I will have completed four/FOUR/fOuR photo.sessions. That's... awesome. I have some special support in my life right now. And the encouragement that pours through this blog/email is a huge part of things. Thank you. In other Mustard.Seed news, I'm ***this*** close to launching my website. I'm debating to whether to launch it 'almost perfect' just to get it up sooner... or be patient to have it 'absolutely perfect.' I can feel some of you rolling your eyes. You know me too well! I have a feeling we both know what I'll choose. ;)

Right now... as I type, I am in the lovely.city.of.Houston for the week. TheHotness has business which means a nice hotel and rental. Which means to me, that I have no floors to clean, meals to prepare, laundry to do... and an invisible house.elf that makes my bed and fluffs my pillows every time I leave. *Confession: I'm not a bed.maker. Seriously--- I always have fresh flowers in my house... I cook from scratch most meal... I sew and knit... all of that. BUT you'll never find a made bed in my house--- scratch that---- You'll ALWAYS find a made bed in my house, because the only time I make them is if people are coming over. Otherwise, they go un.made. BUT I tell you what, a made bed is a special thing... perhaps I'll change my ways?

AND my ten.year.highschool reunion is coming up. Like, next Saturday. *sigh* I'm actually looking forward to it. Odd, I know. But my Rachel/maid of honor is coming in town with her hunk... and my Carla and her hunk are all going. So that means my best girls and their sweeet boys will be together for ONE NIGHT ONLY without children or diaper bags. That alone is enough to get butterflies over. As of today, Thursday, I haven't decided on what to wear. True to form, I'm a procrastinator... and yes, I use my children as an excuse to continue procrastinating. However, I have good intentions for this weekend/week.

Highlights of this week so far:
*The Galleria with the boys... new shoes for James and Jax. So cute. James got a pair of new Chucks... this will be his fourth pair since he was born. I need to take a pic of the size progression... And Jax got a cute little Fox pair of Robeez to match his foxy.winter.wardrobe. :)
*hotel.Black.Out.curtains (as usual)
*Chipotle
*photo.sesh that included kissing Ghandi's feet, mosquito swarms, foxtails... and a rumored Storm.Trooper.
*Date.night with theHotness- and this very*special Cilantro vinaigrette
*a new installment to my GreenErica jewelry. Thanks to this very*very gifted artisan, I have a very envious.and.ample collection of pretties. One word: CITRINE. Hello, love...

Now I'm about to head off to Joann's to gather up some fabric... for... camera.straps? bebe.Madelyn's layette and bebe.gear... what else? Oh, maybe fabric for window treatments? We will see where the fabric takes me...

We will be heading home Friday some time... I've got a newborn shoot this weekend. :)

Peace, love, and momentum.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I just love your blog!!! And P.S- Great minds think alike-I just picked out fabric for a camera strap.

GreenErica said...

You need to slap some paint on Jackson's feet, press them down on some pretty paper and frame it. Soon. Before they get too big. You'll thank youself forever. And a green camera strap for me, please... xo

Jill said...

I'm starting to wonder if you are my female soulmate. I do not make beds either, unless company comes over. I find it wasteful energy when I'm just going to unmake it later. (Seems silly when you think about it.)

Can't wait for the photo share and your website launch. We all know you'll wait till it is perfection. :)

xo J

Carmen said...

I am so bummed that I missed seeing you last week. :(
SUPER glad to hear that your business is going so well already. You'll have to turn people down before you know! :)