Tuesday, November 3, 2009

*Mountain.Moving*

I've always felt small. Small in my efforts. Small in my skills. Small.

I love big. I dream big. I try big... but ultimately, at the end of the day... when I'm left alone with my thoughts, I'm still small.

Maybe I'm not alone in this. Maybe we all feel small in some ways... but it doesn't really matter when I evaluate myself. Isn't it funny how we as mothers fall into this trap? Small!?!? Who me!?

Out of my mother's heart a family is born... fed. nurtured. protected.
I educate.
I work.
I correct.
I encourage.
I comfort.
I play.

All of that takes effort... but I hardly notice the effort. Because as a mother, the results of my efforts are so much larger than any sacrifice I have ever made. The bounty found at the end of the day dissolves whatever effort I put forth. My children are my portion, my prize. My family is my harvest. My God is my anchor, my strong tower.

It comes as no surprise here where we play with pencils, that I love photography. It's no secret that I am at home behind the lens and delight in the every.day beautiful I find around me. For years my friends have encouraged me to take that next step with my photography. They've begged, they've bullied, they've pushed me to give myself credit and live out my dream. But I'm small. Remember?

Then six months ago, my heart was stirred. I began to grow. Marcus and I began to sort through much of what this growth was forcing us to consider. God was moving. And as small as we feel, we trust that something greater is at work here. We've committed our hearts to take a step in the name of Faith... hoping, trusting, knowing that a mountain will, in fact, move for us. We've taken that first small step in adopting our daughter.

And then, sure enough- little by little, that mountain has begun to move.

I may be small, but my God isn't. My heart isn't. My love isn't. My FAITH isn't.

It's time for me to be honest with myself. No more feelings of doubt. No more feelings of inadequacy. Because of Him, I'm much much more. And because of her- I have to be more. I can't stand by with idle hands while we work through this long journey of adoption. My Mothers.Heart won't let me do that. I need to be BIGGER than that... So you know what? I will.

With an open heart and an full.measure of inspiration, Mustard.Seed.Photography is born. (!!!)

I am a Believer, a Mother, a Photographer on a mission to move mountains by capturing and documenting the overwhelming bounty of the blessings all around us. I specialize in natural.light photography and am specifically passionate about finding the beauty in women.bebies.children. and family portraiture.









(I'll be changing my blog format soon, in order to better display my images... until then, you can click on the photo for a *somewhat* higher quality image.)

Why now? Ah! Because lately I have found courage in the most unlikely places. There is an orphan girl somewhere in this world that was meant for our family. I am a gifted photographer... and Mustard.Seed Photography is dedicated to bring her home. :)

*As I type this, I'm totally tethered to the ground... for years I've had this burning desire to pursue my passion in photography. And now, thanks to a handful of the best friends a girl could have and a God who created me with Purpose- I am living my dream. !!! (seriously, picture me with my crazy red and blonde spikey hair floating in the air with a fat littleDuckling on my hip... tied to the ground... while the Chicken and Dumplins simmer away on the stove.) That's me! :)

If you would like to participate in my journey of Faith and would like Mustard.Seed Photography to capture the blessings in your life, please contact me. My website will follow shortly... I can always be reached at my email: lmkwhitty@yahoo.com

Peace, love, and moving.mountains!
xo
lmkw

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness my precious friend....you have taken the leap! I'm so proud of you! I'm so excited that you have faith in our Lord and are taking this step. Following your dream to bring your daughter home. WOW!!! What an exciting time. I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

You know that I will be calling for some pictures soon! :)

Much Love to you my friend!

Jada said...

I am so excited for you! You are going to do great. I am so proud of you!

Carley said...

All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! This post makes me proud to be a bully :) It kind of makes me want to be pregnant again too! The pictures you took of my family are treasures to us. We love you and support you and can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Jill said...

*squeeze* Oh I'm so so happy for you!!! You have an amazing, natural talent for this art, I'm so tickled that you are taking your leap with this.

If you ever, EVER need a shoulder, an ear, advice, ANYTHING - email me. Or call. Or both. I'm learning so much being self employed in this beautiful world of craft and I've made it this far with the help of very dear friends who are in the same boat. So, there. Just my two cents.

And of course I'll be right in line for prego pics from you when my time has come. Your photos are so beautiful and inspiring.

I can't wait to see more, to hear more. Congratulations!!!!

Marcus "Hotness" Whitty said...

I just wanted to tell you I love you and you are very talented sweetheart!!! After all that is one of the many reasons I married you!! I know you are going to do great with Mustard Seed and people will enjoy the awesome pictures you produce.

Love you Bay!!!

Megan said...

Beautiful and such a true post! Will you come to Houston to take my maternity/baby pictures some day? So excited for this endeavor you're on! Love ya!

Carley said...

So I was snooping and reading your other comments and I'm sorry but your hubby is the sweetest thing! Erik never leaves comments on my site. He's going to be in trouble now. Warn Marcus, haha!

kylajewell said...

It's about time, Lindsey! Your photos have always been amazing. You are going to enjoy this journey wholeheartedly. I want you to know that I'm praying for you guys and the little one that God has in store for you. Kallen's best friend, a little girl named Jaxon who lives next door, is being adopted this Friday by her foster-mom. I can tell you just from knowing them, that it's going to be amazing! This scripture spoke to me, and I wanted to share it with you:

In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge. (Prov 14:26KJV)

May God continue to bless you in all aspects of your life!

mia said...

AMAZING!!! Isn't it wonderful knowing that with him, all things are possible. Totally unrelated, I just want to thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement I often find in your blogs. Being a new SAHM is the most inspiring thing I have ever done, but as you are well aware, the pressure can sometimes be too much. I find peace and hope knowing that someone else is in my boat with me, and here as of late, you have not only been in my boat Girl, you have been helping me row. I know that everything you put your hands to do will prosper, and can't wait to see what the future holds. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Don't forget about all of your potential clients in the Houston area. MGM

Lacey said...

I loved this post!! And I'm so excited for you and this adventure! I wish I lived closer because I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to second shoot with you!! You are amazing and I'm so glad we have been able to reconnect!

Life's Little Lessons said...

You are far from being small...I am so excited about your new adventure and cant wait to see/hear more. You have wonderful and amazing talents and will do an awesome job!