Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our little Love Fest... in our Love Nest.

This may have been my favorite Valentine's day yet... which is a funny declaration considering we never left the house.  But it's true.  My favorite so far.

Is it strange to say that we are still growing into our marriage?  It has been 7 years... and 10 years together.  Two kids later, and I still feel like we are reaching new levels as a couple.  I love that.  Even though I didn't buy into that whole 'ball and chain' idea back when we got married, I think I still subconsciously thought I'd have to give up certain elements of our relationship post matrimony.  A little of the passion... a little of the fire.  Maybe? 
My tummy use to be flat and tight when we met... when we married.  So pretty, in fact, that I thought it necessary to hang a little crystal stud from the top peak of my belly button.  Silly girl.  That same stomach expanded to accommodate a 9 lb bebe... then back again... only to expand again to hold another 8 pounder... then back again.  That tummy is softer now.  Sometimes, I wear tight camis underneath just to help soften the line where my jeans stop and my real body begins.  My body has changed a bit in other areas, too.  I gave life to two children, then my body nursed and sustained them as they grew strong and vigorous.  Needless to say, I don't hang a crystal from my belly button anymore.  I cringe at the idea that my shirt may not be long enough to cover my mid.section as I lean over to pick up Jax's socks that always seem to end up off his feet and on the floor.  I'm softer, curvier, and I feel sexier now, too.  Who would have thought? 

All of this to say, as I stare "Thirty" square in the face, I feel bettr in my own skin today, then I ever did as a 20 year old.  And that's just plain weird.  But it's true!  And it's all because of these boys of mine... two little spectacular creatures that came from me and Marcus.  They grew up with us, as we grew together.  And it's because of my husband... who seems to see only me.  His hands just as grabby and boyish as they have always been.  And I love it.  He's quick to pull me close to kiss and squeeze and whisper in my ear.  The boys see it all the time... Love really does lives here in this little nest.  And it's not short in the areas that I was sure we'd lose once the kids came along.  We have a full measure of it all... and I still can't get enough of my man. 


Valentine weekend I managed to have a full MSP schedule but I was able to whip up some sweets for my Sweets.  I love to bake.  The hours in the kitchen just fade away... I love being in the center of my home mixing and spooning and rolling things along while the boys play underfoot.  It feels right to me.  I love swatting theHotness away as he reaches in for finger.fulls of icing.  I love him swarming about as I make my "Pretties" pile and my "Uglies" pile.  He gladly eats up those that just don't make the cut. 


 Raspberry Linzertorts & White Chocolate Sugar Cookies

 Raspberry Wedding cupCakes topped with a little ribbon rose...

 Forty beautiful tulips in shades of pinks and reds

and more cupcakes.. xo! ;)




It was an easy weekend full of cooking, gifting, pictures of our boys... time for us to celebrate everything we have together as a couple of kids who have a couple of kids.

Thank you for my goodies, Bay.  Nothing in this world beats being yours.  You notice.  You remember.  Your efforts are tireless.  With you, nothing is out of reach... anything is possible.  And that's the feeling I get to wake up to each morning.
 I love my set of beautifully commissioned tea rose bracelets... they feel so pretty and delicate on my wrist. 
 The most perfect MSP camera strap...
 paired with my *dream* shootsac camera bag. 

And then there are our boys... our sweet sweet boys.  In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I grabbed a few pictures of our little hunks. 


They are little Hearthrobs! 

In a world where the grass always seems to be greener, I'm happy I've found my home here with these men.  I love receiving their affections and tending them day in and day out.  And if truth be told, I'd love a whole house full of Whitty men... *Marcus, are you listening?  I do believe we shouldn't stop here... 

After 10 years of Valentine's Day with my valentine... I believe this one tops the charts. 

Peace, love, and chocolate pie.
xo
lmkw


6 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh* your blogs make my heart smile. I am also drawn into your words...seriously.. it's like poetry. You are a blessed woman and the love you have for your men oozes from you. You can tell and I've never seen it in person.

I only pray that one day I will be able to feel the love you do!! Keep up the good work- You are such an inspiration to me.

Carley said...

What? No pics of the "other" cookies??? Lol....

GreenErica said...

"Uglies" pile? Yeah right! and those tulips are DIVINE! xo

Melissa said...

you write the best posts. love everything you said & it's such an encouragement to me b/c ppl say to me "you're all happy & in love now, just wait till kids come along". Um, no, i will stay in love, thank you! :)

Love all the pics! Beautiful cupcakes & bracelets! :)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Oh I am so thankful I have my (new) computer set up. One of the first things to do was to bookmark your blog again. So so glad I did.

I'm cleaning on Saturday, the bebe.monster is away and so is the BaberDaddy... so I have a frownie face. But reading this post makes me excited to see them in a few hours. You always help me remember how wonderful life and love is. Thank you for that. *squeeze*

xo Jilly

P.S. - Must you really be good at everything?! Uglies pile? Dear Uglies, I will gladly come scoop you up to pose in my non-baking kitchen. ;)