Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We dig Birthdays!

One of the things that makes my kids crazy.happy is a good birthday.  It's one of those things that we talk about daily- Who's next?  They aren't specific to their own birthdays, but any one's in general- friend's, cousin's, etc etc. 

But then again, I probably am the one who has created this birthday fever.  I always try to bake a cake and host a dinner or something.  So... it's what they know. 

My mother just recently celebrated a birthday.  I had her and dad over for a little dinner.party and cake. 

I'm especially excited about what I gave my mom as a gift!  *Hold your horses here... drum roll.... ... .... I ordered her a worm farm.  Yes, like an ant farm- but BIGGER and with worms.  My mother is an extremely gifted farmer... it's in her DNA.  AND she is also an extremely gifted fisherwoman.  If she's not gardening, she's fishing.  So, this gift is the gift that keeps on giving in BOTH areas.  Plus, we really like bugs and creepy.crawlies.  Oh, we do.  ;)  Plus it's the only thing she really wanted this year. 
It should be coming in some time tomorrow... with 1000 SuperReds to get her started.  I need to make sure I'm over there to photograph the process!!

Here are a few pics of her with the boys the night of her birthday dinner.party.  Her cake was decorated with jonquils.  Every time I see them, I think of my mom. :)

*By the time I was able to pull out the camera to photograph it, the sun had gone down... artificial light makes me sad.



Oh, I wish this one would have come out clear... it's such a great shot of Momma.




I love this one.  Jackson looks so much like my side of the family... plus his intentional smile makes ME smile.


let the candle magic begin... to be that young again... and in awe.


I love this outtake.  Jax has no self control when it comes to birthdays, the birthday song, and flames.  He. Must. Blow. Now. and. Blow. Often.  Guess how many times we had to sing the song?  Guess how many times James melted down when he didn't wait til the end of the song before he blew?  He's very traditional, thour  five year old.  So, you get it, right?


it was for his own good... and ours, too.  Lest James make us start all over AGAIN.



Yes... victory.  Let's eat!



So that's it for now.  I've got lots to share coming up... I'm over.hauling my mustard.seed officeSpace.  A MUCH needed face lift from family catch.all to a focus friendly zone efficiently equipped for inspiration and hard work.  :)  I'll post that soonish. 

And I'm in the throws of planning Jackson's Birthday Spectacular that's coming soon...

And I've got new glasses... ones that aren't taped at the corner with blue painters tape.
*high.fives.all.around*

And I've found a renewed peace with being a WAHM thanks to a few ladies who are in the trenches busting it with me. Which makes me feel like I may can keep this thing going... with the proper support... and perspective... and friends. 

AND I'm officially staring 30 straight in the face... and I'm okay with it (today). 

And we are embarking on a kid.free weekend this week... which is dedicated to honeymooning SpringCleaning our little nest. ;)

Okay.  I've got work to get out...

Peace, love, and real homemade buttercream.
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Life's Little Lessons said...

These pictures made me smile so big....and your momma is so beautiful....and the cake too! Have fun "cleaning"!

Jill said...

Mmmm. Homemade buttercream.

First, Jax's smile is identical to your mom's! Precious.

Love how you make a big deal out of birthdays. These are memories your boys will cherish when they are older. :)

P.S. - I am 32. I was excited about 30... I'm more comfy in my skin now than I was in my twenties. Just sayin'. ;)

Persistence said...

Hey Lindsey,
I am an attorney who does adoptions for my probono work. Let me know if you need anything. I am in Louisiana.

Irys Allgood
irys.allgood@cox.net