Sunday, October 25, 2009

You've got to start somewhere!

My original plan was to keep this under wraps for the better part of a year. I mean, lots can happen in a year. However, this weekend has really been amazing... and I'm beginning to think that this isn't as intimidating as I thought it was just six weeks ago.

I've re.worked our game plan and have decided to share this tid.bit here as I play with the pencils. Why?

Because:
1. The more I mention it to friends and family, the more really valuable information comes our way. And y'all knowing me like you do- I'm the research queen. I eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! :) The more I run my mouth, the more valuable help we are receiving!

2. Google searching can only bring us so far- this process needs a personal touch. I need to network with other families who have been where we are right now... to encourage us on this journey.

3. I covet your prayers!!! (!!!)

4. I can't keep a secret to save my life. Especially when it means this much to me. :)

***To many many of you- this will not be 'news' to you.

Here goes:
.
.
.
.
.
ready?
.
.
.
.
.
For the next handful of months, Marcus and I are committing ourselves through prayer to seek God's will in our lives to pursue International Adoption. !!! Right? :)

Why?

*It has always been an embraced idea when we considered the anatomy of our family.
*Those of you that knew me as a girl, know it has always been a part of my heart.
*With the birth of Jackson, God has transformed our view on family. Raising our boys makes us crazy happy... even in the toughest times, we are just short of delirious. Well, basically. :) Our love is big... there is more to our family. We can feel it.
*Jackson has shown us that our family is definitely bigger than two.
*All children are gifts from God. All of them. God willing, I plan on mothering the mother.less.

(there are at least a hundred other reasons... but you get the drift.)

When?

Well, right now, we are prayerfully seeking God's will in this. Just in the past three days, 3 new 'doors' have been open to us in this process. No suprise there, right? We plan on enjoying Jackson's first year on this planet without the 'urgency' of navigating the paper.trail. During that time, we plan on continuing our networking, education, planning, and praying. God willing, that will bring us to officially applying this time next year, give or take.

The basics?
As of now, we are considering Ethiopia and Taiwan. But we are still open to educating ourselves about all the options...


No Hands But Ours


So that's that!

***If you yourself have navigated the adoption process to bring your child home, please let me know. If you know someone you can 'link' me up to that has built their families through adoption, please let me know. PLEASE! If anything is clear so far- this takes TIME... a true test of patience. My profile will lead you to my email address, or just comment here. *Thanks in advance.

*And for my friends who have spoken up with support and advice, thank you SO much. Y'all give me so much courage. :)

Peace, love, and Journeys.
xo
lmkw

12 comments:

GreenErica said...

I love you guys. ♥ Beautiful post. This child will certainly be blessed...

mia said...

I swear you get cooler everyday girl!!! Oh I will so make good on my comment and add you to the prayer list. God grants us the desires of our hearts, and I can't wait till I can read your blog post, announcing this sweet child’s arrival into your home, family, and heart. I can't help but think that God already knows who this child is Lindsey. And I hope that I don't offend anyone that might read your blog... but.... I just want you to know how I will be praying... I pray that right now, even as I type, that God will send people across your and Marcus' path that will only uplift and encourage you and your dream. I pray that right now, even as you read this, that God is hand selecting and lining up the people that will be included in every part of this process, molding, softening, and touching their hearts, leading and directing their thoughts and decisions, that every step in this adventure is under your control Lord, and will run smoothly and without any unneeded stress or issues. Father, we also pray for the child you would have join this family. I fully believe that there is no distance in prayer, and Lord, wherever and whoever this baby is, we pray supernatural protection, favor and grace into this child’s life. We know that with you all things are possible, including a smooth, perfect, amazingly wonderful international adoption. In your name I pray. Amen

Callie said...

Very cool~~!~!~! I'm adopted, so I have such a big heart for it! I hope everything works out great and speedily for you guys. I know of a couple who are adopting a couple of siblings from Ethiopia (i believe) and there courts are closed during monsoon season or something, so there was a delay. But it should be getting close for them.
I'm so proud of you guys for pursuing this!

Jennifer said...

And...the secret is out and you have shouted it from the rooftops! That is awesome! I'm so happy that you are seeking the input and encouragement of others. Gosh, you know how excited I am for you and your family! :)

You might have already seen this, but if not, I thought it would give you more encouragement and allow you to connect with others.

I love you girl!

Carley said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you and and will be here for anything you need. I think God has awesome things ahead of you guys.

Jennifer said...

Just realized I didn't post the link I was referring to in my post. HA!!!
It is:

http://www.healingplacechurch.org/adoption.php

Life's Little Lessons said...

I am right up there with mia...what a wonderful and perfect prayer...I will be praying for you guys through this awesome journey! Your a wonderful and perfect mom and what a blessed child it will be!

Megan said...

I think this awesome, Lindsey!!! Yay for you guys! How beautiful I think adoption is, and I hope to one day participate in its wonderfulness. I pray the Lord blesses y'all with a sweet baby.

xoxo

Check this blog:

http://albusadventures.blogspot.com/

They have adopted two boys.

Jill said...

You are one helluva woman. (Can I use the word "hell" after a post about God and adoption?) I think about this often, wonder if I could be strong enough to adopt if we weren't able to make our own babies. And here you are adding to your home-grown. :) Good luck on your journey hun!

Lacey said...

That's awesome Lindsey! I don't know anyone personally who has done an international adoption but I can point you in the direction of a blog I follow who is in the process of doing an adoption from russia.

noidolhands.blogspot.com

The link is also on my sidebar under crafty places I love.

Good luck with the process!!

tweeboowee said...

you know what lindsey, i know you kinda told me bout it in the past email, and i never got to comment on it, but i think its a wonderful idea. funny too, john and i talked about having 2 then adopting a child from vietnam. it was john's idea, he wanted to give a kid the same chances me and my siblings got. sweet all in the same...so we've been kinda bouncing the idea back and forth.....would love to, i don't know what the cost is, and of course money isn't growing on trees for us, but i think it can happen. i know its harder for americans to adopt internationally.......but def good luck and i hope it all goes well!!!!!!!! we'll talk about it more when we see each other.....:o)

Carmen said...

I am so proud and excited for you, Marcus, James, and Jackson. I have always thought of adoption as a wonderful, loving act. We have good friends here in Houston that adopted a little boy from Russia and David has a co-worker who is in the process of adopting an infant as we speak (but this one is local).
Good luck with everything!