Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In Haste...


I'm heading out to Houston for a quick trip in the morning! TheHotness has a little work ditty, and we are tagging along for the ride. Who am I kidding? I've got my agenda set! I can't wait to get to Kingwood to see my girls... !!! There are lots of reasons why being a SAHM rocks... and tag.along trips mid.week certainly are one of them! We will be in Houston two days this week, two days next week, then a full week in November!

Now, on to my current obsessions:
1. moss... in particular, reindeer.
2. fall clothes for the boys
3. carnivorous plants
4. sewing James' and Jax halloween costume. Could it be their best yet???
5. planning James' birthday... perhaps one that tops the Gingerbread Party?
6. sewing recycled and upcycled goodies
7. Christmas budgeting
8. nutella
9. encouragement
10. bright green and mustard yellow and white and olive

:)

Jackson said 'Momma' yesterday!!! My smart, sweet, loyal boy.joy.

James cut his hair last week. I should do a post specifically about it. I'll share a iPhone pic, now. He trimmed from his widow's peak straight down the center about six inches deep. Secretly, he looks adorable. BUT being the good momma that I am, we've really been evaluating making good choices and having self control! ;)

I've been teaching one night class a week! I love it.

My parents were gone to Cali for two weeks helping my sister move. They came home yesterday! We've missed them so. They brought the boys back matching silk.chinese.night.nights. You'll see a few pics below. So super cute. I'll have to get 'real' shots of them soon.

Okay, here are a few pics of our lives lately. Things are excellent. I'm so blessed to be living this life. Perhaps it's the season... or the season magnifying the obvious, but I just feel like my life is so full of exceptional people and beautiful experiences. I'm so glad that I'm present enough to take note of it all.

Here are a few iphone pics taken over the past couple of weeks. For me, happiness is hidden in the smallest places.
*****
Me with foils in my hair, mid.highlight with my favorite Duke.


James' haircup! *It happened on his daddy's watch, mind you!

The tiniest Chinaman! Silk pj's from Chinatown in SanFrancisco...






LSU.loyalties...




One of my classes. Presh!

We've been getting out a good bit on the weekends to have our special family dates... these times are so special to me!



So how's that for schmorgesborg? :)

Now, time to ready myself for Houston! I'll update when we get back!

Peace, love, and Oolong.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Jill said...

Am I reeeally first in line to comment? *squeal*

First, I must say that YES, being a stay-at-homer has wonderful perks. We can be spontaneous and take off at the drop of a hat if need be! I love that part most.

I heart Christmas budgeting too. Its so satisfying to get everyone the best of presents and not feel it in your pocketbook.

I'm so envious of your sewing capabilities. J and I are being a geisha & samarai couple this Halloween and the costumes I have to order are so simple I'm kicking myself in the butt for not being able to whip them up myself. Do you have a fancy machine? Did you learn by yourself?

Maybe I should have emailed you... ;)

Have a wonderful time with your sassy Miss E, can't wait to see the pics from that trip!

xo Jilly

Carley said...

Oh my goodness. The Chinese night nights are just too much! Your boys are so adorable! Enjoy your trip to Texas. I can't wait to get back to St. Augustine. It's been 2 years for us! See you Sunday. Addison will be waiting in her fairy princess rediculousness :)

Anonymous said...

... the season magnifying the obvious. Love that. Ever thought about writing - for profit?

Lacey said...

Those little China boys are so cute!! Enjoy your trip!! Quick trips are the best!!

What are you teaching?