Sunday, May 9, 2010

Motherhood... it's just the best, really.



Oh! Today is Mother's Day. :)

It's a little built in day that Marcus and I reserved from our crazy schedule these past month or so...

I'm sitting here, in my robe, posting a few sneak.peeks from a beautiful maternity shoot... wrapping up a few client proofs... bebies napping... and a hot bath waiting in the back for me.

Life is good. :)

I've got amazing friends... women who build me up and push me forward. Women who grab my bebies as they make a break for the front door. Women who send me little notes of encouragement. Funny chics. Pretty chics. Hard.core.Momma chics. Pregnant chics who are new to this club. Oh!

I feel supported.
I feel strong.
I feel as hopeful as I have ever been in my life.

And that's due to my God. My incredibly.dreamy and ultra.strong husband- my secret ingredient behind all that I do. My girls. My sisters. My boys- the steady joy and purpose I feel every.single.day. AND all the mustard.seed mommas and bebies and families that inspire me to work hard, be brave, and make my dreams come true.

Here I am at 28... on the verge of 29- and I just feel like I'm livin' it! Everything I've ever wanted... and so much promise on the horizon.

Perspective is everything.
Life is in the details.
And I can feel it in my bones.

We will be celebrating Mother's Day for the next week in Houston. Oh, sweet Houston. I will be taking a break from my mustard.seed goodness to enjoy some insulated time with Marcus and the boys and our friends. Oh! I'm looking forward to that. Dinners out. Hopping around town with the boys and our Favorites during the day. A belated family party for Jax... Date nights alone with theHotness, my sweet Manly. And best of all: no laundry. no cleaning. no cooking. and no distractions. :) BRING IT.

Can't leave you without something beautiful! Sooo...

Here are a few sneaks from a recent maternity shoot.
Simply put, motherhood is amazing.
This mother is going to be amazing.
And it's just an overwhelming honor to have been the one to document it all...







Isn't she just amazing? Gosh, it's going to be hard to be away from these images for a whole week--- Loved how they turned out.

Happy Mother's Day to all you incredible women out there. You've answered the highest calling... and our world is a better, safer, more beautiful place because of your love, courage, and commitment. Thank you. :)

Peace, Love, and little.boys.who.call.me.Muver.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Life's Little Lessons said...

Have fun in Houston...you deserve it! Awesome pics by the way..."almost" makes me want to be with child again so I can take some!