Monday, May 10, 2010

A quick note before we head out...


Mother's day was like honey. It was just the thing I needed to remind me how the best things in life are right under my nose (or feet, rather). I woke up easy... was greeted with coffee and breakfast in bed... cards from each of my boys... some that sang songs, some that said really sincere things. Each being just right.

Then we headed out for a sword fight at NaNa's. James and NaNa have perfected their pirate play- and nothing beats watching them fence.it.out while sitting on the couch sipping coffee, adding the occasional motherly 'okay, now that's getting too rough' comment.

We met our favorite girls for a Mother's Day dinner at our favorite place then went to spend the evening downtown watching the sunset and letting the kids (husbands included) roll around in the grass and play ball. *Yes, there is always some sort of ball involved. I don't even pack one- it's just never out of reach from my boys for some reason.

theHotness insisted on bringing the camera along bc it's his tradition to grab a few 'momma and bebe' pics on Mother's Day. He thinks about these things... and he's actually really good at handling the 'big camera' and getting some good shots. I love that deliberate side of him.

So we ended our day doing what we do best: laughing, loving, and chasing down children.

It was perfection.

Here are a few shots I couldn't help but process before we head out. I love them all.












OH! A beautiful day... Just what this little momma needed. :)

Now, off to Texas for a spell. Not sure if I'm gonna blog while I'm away... But you'll see me again when we get home. :)

Peace, love, and vintage.baton.rouge.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

GreenErica said...

I love the photos Marcus takes! Mainly because you're in them, but also because he ALWAYS catches the right moments. Sounds like a wonderful day! Are those your mom's sunflowers!?!?