Friday, May 21, 2010

mustard.seed.photography : { Baton Rouge, Louisiana Photographer }


Oh! It's been nearly a week since we've been back from Texas and I haven't updated the bloggity.

A sign of the times for sure.

Our trip was fantastic. I slept, I shopped, I found vintage treasures, I got some date.time in with theHotness. Yea for Texas! :)

So- I updated my website with recent material from a handful of different shoots. Lately I've shot a lot of children sessions- so be sure to check out the 'Sprouts' tab. BUT there are heaps of new photographs in each category. Stop by and check them out! And if you want to say "Hi" drop some Contact love my way. :)

See that cute little polaroid button there to the right? -> Click it to view my site.

I've had LOTS of questions lately regarding Maternity and Newborn sessions. I need to start a photography blog and create a FB fan page- but until then, let me answer a few questions here.

When should I schedule a maternity shoot? What point in my pregnancy photographs best?

-Pregnancy is a crazy thing- and affects us expecting mother's all differently.
When I was pregnant I went through THREE distinct phases:
1.) I just look chubby.
2.) Perfectly.Pregnant
3.) Strutted.and.Swollen.don't.tell.me.I'm.pretty.you.are.lying pregnant.

So, I would say when YOU feel beautifully pregnant- let's do the session. Even if your bump isn't planet big yet--- but you feel beautiful in your own skin. I find that most women reach that perfectly.pregnant mark between week 27 - 32. *Contact me early so I can work you into my schedule.

I really want newborn portraits. How does that work? When should I book you and when/where do they take place?

-For infant photography I want to shoot within the first 7 days of birth. Anything up to two weeks would 'work' but TRUST ME, the earlier the better! They grow so fast and soon become very alert. For those peaceful, sleeping, curly bebe shots- let's shoot for any daytime within the first week.

-My infant photography takes place at your home. I bring the equipment I need to provide a variety of 'styles' there while you are tucked into the comfort of your own nest. *if you prefer location shoots for your infant, let's talk and see how we can maximize that style, without being too intrusive to the needs of the Tiny One.

-We can't schedule bebies. I've tried with my own- but they come when they come, inspite of my planning. :) I've been booking upwards of 2 months in advance (with a few exceptions) so CONTACT ME as soon as possible of your desires for a newborn shoot--- even if your due date is 4 or 6 months away- that way I can pencil your desires in during a month before your due date, just in case bebe surprises us early.

I want some mustard.seed Love. How early do I need to schedule my session?

-As soon as you know mustard.seed is for you... or as soon as you think it could be for you, let me know! I can give you an idea what my calendar looks like and will save the date of your choice. BUT more importantly, it will open up our communication and vision towards planning the perfect shoot for you and/or your family.

With a little time and deliberate planning, we can really create something special together. ***Right now I'm booked a month and a half out- with a couple of spots still available. Contact me ASAP for sessions in June/July- bc I only have select spots left. If you want to schedule FALL sessions, email now to get first dibs on dates.


A HUGE thank you to all of the mustard.seed supporters out there! Your little notes of encouragement serve as HUGE sources of inspiration as I refine my vision as a photographer. I'm just like you- 'cept with a camera and a wild.fire of passion for documenting the Extraordinary that is right under our noses.

It's not about creating something beautiful- because the creation is already done, spectacular, and has very little to do with US. It has to do with sincerely documenting the Spectacular that we've been entrusted with:

Your engagement. Your marriage. Your man. Your journey towards Motherhood. The miracle of birth. Your child. The connection between siblings. Your journey towards adulthood. The celebration of Seniors. The things you love. The people you love. The life you love.

That's what mustard.seed.photography is about. Your story and the Bounty within that story.

Take a minute to peruse my website!

Feel free to contact me and say "Hello."

peace, love, and vision.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Kenny and Megan said...

Hey beautiful lady! I would LOVE to have you do my maternity pictures! I'm due December 18, so when do you think would be a good time? My email address is meganwwall@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

Wow, Lindsey! Your work is sooooo beautiful! I'm Janee Wilson's friend, and we've conversed via Blog comments a long time ago! I would L-O-V-E for you to take my sweet little man's pictures. Jackson is 25 months now, and he is at such a cute age for pics!!! :) I've been thinking I need to find someone to do this, and I seriously teared up reading your website...I think your style matches mine beautifully! And I would LOVE to help you get your baby daughter home, oh.my.goodness! I of course live in Houston, so if you could give me an idea what your sessions are looking like, I will schedule a trip to BR. You can email me at lindsay.silvio@gmail.com, or call me at 225-235-9838. I can't wait to talk to you!!!