Wednesday, May 5, 2010

theDuckling's 1st Birthday

Oh, I have so much to share! Celebrations mostly. Life has been full to the brim of beautiful happenings for our little family and for those around us we love most of all. Oh, we've been busy!

This past Sunday, we celebrated out littlest boy.joy's first birthday. Yes, theDuckling is now ONE. And what better way to celebrate than by inviting our favorite people over to share in the fun?

The theme?

Our boy, of course. Yep, the sweetest littleDuckling known 'round these parts.


The goodies?

Lots of old fashioned homemade deliciousness...









The cakes!






The precious party.folk!











The birthday boy in all his splendor!









After it was all said and done, guest were sent away with leftovers and wildflower seeds to plant at home. It was a beautiful day and it marked a huge milestone for our little family... Jackson Briggs is ours. He's still new and we still marvel at our little boy. James' eyes bat back tears anytime his best brother falls or is corrected in any way for that matter... I bat back the same watery.eyes when I see my boys go through their days together bonding as brothers and best friends.

We are in a good pattern right now. Everything fits just right. We aren't complete. Not yet... she's still out there for us to find. And mothering my precious boys each day proves to me that we have plenty of Love to go around.

I'll be 29 soon... and I'm overwhelmed when I think of how far I have come... and how pushed down and packed together my blessings have been. The most humbling feeling in the world. :)

Thanks to all my friends and loved ones who celebrated with us. My life is made sweeter by your contribution to my little life. I love my boys- but it's a crazy feeling to have yall love them, too.

Peace, love, and birthday.boys.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are adorable with your picture-perfect family and Martha Stewart display of yumminess. I *have* to know what those blue sticks thingies are that the kiddos are holding, in the jelly jar? I'm intrigued...

I love seeing your boys grow on film. Thanks for sharing so much of your life with us!

xo J