Wednesday, May 18, 2011

theDuckling Turns TWO!

Yes, it's time for a birthday post!

(I still haven't combined, edited, and spent sufficeint time with the pictures... there are thousands.  BUT I will be posting a facebook album soon.  Our photographer for the event did a marvelous job *no, not me* and I'm so very excited about sharing her work.  If you don't see your precious bebe in this tiny snippette, be patient bc you'll have full access to the FB album... if, of course, you are my friend.) 

It was a beautiful day for a Picnic in NaNa's Garden. We had a beautiful afternoon eating and playing.  I wanted the feel to be more like a old fashioned church social than a rushed, early morning, toddler birthday party... I wanted our guest to eat, lay on the picnic blankets with their bebies, enjoy our cake walk, and just mingle and relax and visit.  From what I can tell, I think we did just that.  ;)

Here is a small view of what Jackson's big day was like: *click the images to make them larger... more colorful and less grainy.  I need to find a new blog site... blogger is killing my images. 

theDuckling, theJacker, Brother, Jackson Briggs... our boy.joy. 


There was food... lots of fresh and tasty food! 


There were cute brothers with cute bunnies... 15 to be exact.  *Bunnies, that is.



Did I mention... cute bunnies?  15 puffy tales... ?  Yes? 

There was an old fashion cake walk!!!



The cake table!  150 cupcakes to satisfy even the pickiest Cake Walk Winner! And jars of old fashioned candies... *All within kid reach... I wanted them to have whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted... And the parents humored me. 


Robin egg homemade sugar cookies... my very favorite treat. 


Coconut nests, swiss meringue rabbits... just to name a few homemade favorites!


More Easter sugar cookies... my secret recipe.  ;)


There was the center of attention...  He enjoyed his day! 


There was carrot pulling and little girls in sundresses....


There were favorite daddies and favorite bebies...
  





There were beautiful mommies and bebies getting to try sweets... *swoon*





There were hay bales topped with the cutest and most well behaved children around!  *be still my heart!!!*


There was golden light and a lush green garden...



Did I mention the bunnies?  30 ears, 15 twitchy noses? 


There were paper blooms strung from bean poles and tomato stakes...


There was pure sunshine...



There were the cutest compost bins around...


There was a bit of posing and hamming it up for the camera...


There was some praying... and bebies on blankets.





There were presents and another precious BlaBla...


There were boys in fedoras...




There was mugging down sweet smooches of appreciation...




There were goodbyes at sunset and a little after.party.glow...


It was a beautiful day... full of beautiful people who mean so much to us.  I can't believe our bebe is now two years old... He's a wonder.  A joy.  He's taught us so much in the past 24 months of him being in our nest... on this planet.  We all adore him so much.  Our little marvel...

Peace, love, and spring.time. 
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The pics are SOOOO precious! Looks like a great birthday party! :)

And hey... you can change your template to where it will hold pics in the large or original size. See my blog? It's got a much wider area for pics. I have friends who are photographers & they love blogger - but they have the wider templates too. You can play around w/ yours by going to your dashboard & then clicking "template designer" (under "design"). It might take a bit to make it look right but it'll fix the picture issue! I hope this helps! :) Feel free to ask if you need help... :)

Lacey said...

BEAUTIFUL!!