Thursday, April 3, 2008

*Spring Fling*


Marcus has been mentioning taking a trip to Austin, Texas for a while now. I've been so consumed with school, Teacher Work Sample, student teaching, the impending move... that I haven't given much thought. BUT it is settled now. We are, in fact, going on a mini get.away to Austin. I've never been but have heard it's an incredible place. So, I'm getting pretty excited.


Here are the details so far- we plan on going the weekend of May 16th. We are going to stay at a resort there in Austin called Barton Creek Resort and Spa. They have a nice golf course for Marcus and a really nice spa for ME! I'm thinking a massage, pedicure, and facial... Of course, I won't be needing a manicure. *sigh*

*Oh, yes, we are leaving James to have his own special weekend with his Pops and MawMaw.

These are some of the places that we are planning on visiting... if you know of any super cool places to check out, please let me know!

Our plans so far:


To eat/watch sunset at The Oasis.

The bats leaving Congress Avenue Bridge at dusk... *how cool!!!*

Texas State Capitol

Check out the Austin night life... maybe catch some live music.

I'd like to check out some of the outdoor things to do too... like horseback riding, hiking, etc.

We are excited! It will be a nice chance to reconnect with all this crazy 'change' that is going on.

Peace. xo

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Ahhh that sounds like bliss!