Sunday, April 27, 2008

Suprises, Celebrations, and Other Changes....


James' LAST day at nursery school! It nearly broke my heart. We loved this place... here is a pic of him on his nap mat.

So another week down! Things are really picking up for us with our transition back home to Baton Rouge. To fill you in on the particulars, Marcus' background check has been cleared and we are now in contact with Exxon's relocation company. In fact, if you look at the calendar, we are a month and a half away from our big move! YIKES. I still have bittersweet feelings about this. Anywho, we did a lot of celebrating this week. Friday marked the last day of my student teaching--- *standing ovation, please.* Which means that I am officially 20 class days away from graduating! Marcus planned a surprise double date with my favorite Erica and my favorite other husband, Chris. Before heading out to meet our friends at their sushi joint, Marcus gifted me with the most beautiful diamond solitaire earrings. I've always said that I wanted a pair that matched my engagement ring one day... well, sooner than expected, I got my *nearly forgotten* wish. They are big, sparkly and totally qualify as big.girl.jewelry. They are meant to commemorate this huge step for me... *sigh* My guy is the greatest guy...

I love him so...


These are the turtles at the restaurant... they were so cute!


We had a fun night eating sushi and drinking martinis. I can't imagine life without my daily dose of the Dugans. BUT they promised to drive in to BR as often as possible- which means MANY more good times to be had. They are irreplaceable.


<



Sunday, we celebrated Keston's third birthday! James had a great time playing and riding on a vintage firetruck. We have the best group of friends here. James loves his buddies. I am still processing pics- but here are a few below.





*****

As for this week, I plan on finishing up my independent study on Monday... cleaning house like a crazy woman... a playdate on Wednesday... and a zoo run with my bebe boy and our friends. Oh, and we are driving in Thursday night to BR for the weekend. We need to buy a house and attend my nieces' and nephew's birthday party.


Here is my first beautiful monarch chrysalis. Spectacular!
Enjoy your week.
Peace, xo.

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

YEAH! BR! Hurry dear. Hurry! I miss your guts!