Monday, February 16, 2009

*Complete*

Hello my latent lovers!

As of this post, we've all survived another Valentines Day...

Hopefully each of you all had a moment where you gave love and felt loved in return. Is there anything better than the feeling of gratitude, appreciation, and adoration? I mean, besides chocolate covered strawberries...

This was my favorite Vday to date. I've noticed as I get older, the less about me things become, the more fulfilled and lifted I feel. I guess they've always been right when they say it's better to give than receive... but I failed to realize how much more I receive when I live generously. I guess you can log this as #834 in my Things Learned Through My Journey of Motherhood... Which I may later rename as What It Is To Be A Woman.

*In efforts to connect, but still get into bed early (I've got an early AM appt with my High-risk doc in the morning) let me highlight my weekend.

***Which, by the way, I vote that Vday should always fall on a weekend. It makes more sense that way.

Anywho, Friday we started with a Sushi/Hibachi date night, movie and surprise shopping spree... for.... *pause for emphasis*... MYSELF! I picked out some beautiful perfume and splurged on some furniture and accessories at PotteryBarn. I felt so indulged.

Saturday, I awoke to breakfast in bed... with Marcus holding the breakfast tray of goodies and James bringing in a parade of beautiful orchid plants for my bathroom! *perfection* What's cuter than a three.year.old telling me "Momma, dis one is a dendobium orchid (dendrobium). And deese here are a failinopsis (phalaenopsis)." ??? Nothing! He's at the age where he will repeat anything we get him to say... so yes, we exploit that feature. We headed out to New Orleans for lunch at Dragos... chargrilled oysters... and a day at the Aquarium/Riverwalk. This was geared for James and his sweetheart day. He loved it! He got to walk the entire time... and pretty much got to do whatever his heart's desired for however long he wanted. We just sat back, smiled, and said "Sure sweetheart, go for it!" It's nice to let go of the parenting control and let them have their fun. It's a treat for everyone, I think.

Sunday was bebe.Jax's day. We went out and got the paint for the nursery and ordered a bunch of goodies for his arrival. We started painting later that night... and should finish it soon. I can't wait to have everything ready to go for our new little boy.

And tonight we topped it all off with another date night dinner to our fav. spot, the Melting Pot. We couldn't secure reservations for Vday... so we opted for an easy follow-up. Maybe we should do this every year...

****
Things are shaping up around this joint. I can feel the momentum of Spring pushing us through our punch.list. I'm in love with 2009 already.

*I'll update you on bebe.jax progress soon... with the picture post I've been promising. Give me a day or two... or three.

Peace, love, and sea grass.
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Grace said...

Wow what a beautiful Valentine Weekend you had! I am so glad you are enjoying yourself and feeling good. I went out with a bunch of friends and was fun. Went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic! So much fun. Be well can't wait to see pictures. Hugs Grace

Jennifer said...

It sounds as though you had a dream of a Valentine's Weekend! Sounds like so much fun! I am getting great ideas from you! :)

Much Love!

Michelle Sanders said...

Ok, I miss you so much that I'm jealous of an unborn child for having his own day Sunday. LOL! *sigh*