Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter Garden



Today Daddy called us to come have lunch... fried fish! And no one turns down Daddy's fried fish. Besides, we helped catch some of those fish! One thing led to another, and we ended up in the garden pulling turnips. I took the opportunity to experiment with my camera. A goal for me is to eventually take the training wheels off and shoot fully manual. *eeek* Totally scary... but do.able. I played around with my aperture and shutter speed... you know, to get me ready for the portrait.lens I am shamelessly begging for. And here are just a few results. These are just the first few... I have more to come. I'll post those tomorrow.

Here's a peek.





I suppose we down here in South Louisiana could say we are in the 'dead of winter'... but Momma's garden is still very much alive and beautiful. Mind you, most of the fall crop has bolted and gone to seed, but it makes for a lively place to be for the bees and critters. I can't wait to share the rest.

*I've got a lot to learn... but with RAW format, post photoprocessing, and three ridiculously large flash memory cards to fall back on, I think I could eventually get better.

Peace, love, and snotty portrait lenses.
xo
lmkw

No comments: