Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, March...

I've never given the month of March a second glance really. I wonder why? Because, I tell you what, I'm really loving this month. March may take over as my favorite Spring Month... The reigning champ has always been May.

Today was suppose to be my day to get our house back in shape: laundry, dusting, and floors... but my how plans can change when God hands you a perfectly PERFECT day! My darling friend called me up and basically said: 'hurry, lets get out of our houses and go to the zoo! if we don't go now, the dust bunnies could revolt!' She said that... basically. Or at least that's what I heard. So in a Super.mom.moment, we had two perfectly dressed, sunscreened, snacked, pottied, pacied bebies strapped safely in the car on our way to the zoo. *Yes, we pat ourselves on the back when things like that happen... positive reinforcement, you know.

The weather was beautiful and the stroll from exhibit to exhibit was just what we needed. Bebe.Miracle napped under the oaks as we walked and Beaux Jack was the master navigator, checking every map and sign that crossed our path. He took very good care of his girls... very big, that boy is. I loved walking hip to hip with my friend Carley. I really love spending time with her... I was thinking tonight that she may be my oldest non-related friend that I still see. We met on our very first day of Kindergarten. I can tell you exactly what she wore, too. She's a beautiful mother now... loving, tender, hopeful, and patient. And when we rub shoulders I get some of her goodness.

I'm glad we are both in the same state again, living minutes apart, both staying home in commitment to raise our families, watching our bebies grow. *I'm so grateful to be in this space* I hope it never gets old. I hope I always understand the incredible opportunities and blessings that are open to me as a Stay at Home Mom....

Here are a few quick candids that I snapped today:

bebe.Miracle insist on growing up on me... Isn't she perfect?

Sweetness puddles on the ground as he walks...

Isn't she beautiful? I had to take this picture... apparently she was contracting, too. Given my current state, I find hippos gorgeous. :/

The giraffes were particularly engaging today. So close you could touch them!

Missy Hollywood!!!

Oh! An Icy Treat!



Captivated, aren't you!!!??? She's beautiful.


And that's how we ZOO!

Before I sign off, I have to mention St.Patty's day. Ours went well... I'll have to post some of those sweet.shots soon. But for now, here is this pic taken by my iPhone. I was finishing dinner, running my bath water... "Hey, Momma! I got a suuuuprise fayou!" And Voila, the evidence on the floor: trail of clovers, shamrock drawers, and green and pink plaid shorts... Aaaah! A little leprechaun in my tub! Excellent....


****OH! And before I forget, I'm soooo going back to Houston this next week! Kingwood, here I come!!! I'm already making my list of things to do... but basically I'm calling out all my lovely girls: Moon, Blonda, Carmen, and Angel!!! Answer my emails and swear that we will have our date!!! Do.it.

So much more to share... soon. Yes.

Peace, love, and tiny.green.caterpillars!
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Carley said...

We had such a great time. I'm so glad we went to enjoy the gorgeous day. It makes me feel important when I read about myself in your blog! And you know I'm stealing those pics for Addison's site - hope that's ok! Have a great time in Texas. Tell the Dugans hi for me.

Anonymous said...

cute pics....