Wednesday, March 4, 2009

*31 Weeks*


I'm officially 31 weeks and look as if I've swallowed the moon. My stomach is quite a site! The bebe is moving so much and so strongly, that I feel he is trying his best to find a way out. This is a fun phase in the fact that the bebe can move in such big and deliberate ways... there is no mistaking that rogue foot stuck out to the side... or when he curls up tight like a ball leaving his bottom pushing out. The other day, he kicked his leg out and I could feel the heel, the pad of his foot and his big toe. It was pretty precious.

Sometimes in the evening I feel strong pressure and cramping in my back and such... I don't remember uncomfortable spells like that with James. Maybe it comes with second pregnancies...

I haven't heard from my glucose test. Yes, I've called. Three times. No I haven't heard back. I've even been to my dr. appt on Monday and still no word... You know what that means! I have a sneaky suspicion that my test may have been 'messed up.' When I went, the lab techs were really unsure about what to draw, what tubes to use, etc... How much you want to bet they used the wrong tubes or something? If so, fine. I'll keep my cool. BUT I won't retake the test. I'll retake the hour test... and if my numbers are still borderline then they should let me pass. If I clearly fail the thing, then I'll go back in. *head shaking in a matter.of.fact way.*

This week has humbled me some. A lot. What I mean is, I (I mean me and Hotness both) have been so sure and arrogant that we've got this second kid thing down pat. Meaning, even though this bebe has been 'cookin' for the same amount of time, in the same fashion as James Neal, we've really neglected the 'slow and steady' mentality of preparing for this bebe. To be honest, we forget that we are expecting most days. In our defense, when we were preggers with Beaux Jack, if we wanted to spend all weekend shopping, or preparing, or whatever- we would. We could! If we wanted to stay up late to get something done, we would. We could! But now that James is here, we are locked into our nightly (and daily) routine of our family schedule. Not saying James isn't flexible enough to break a routine, it's just harder. By the time we provide for him, we are left with little scraps of time here and there to tend to the other one... bebe.jax.

So basically I'm beginning to get a little frenzied. Yup. The nesting thing is on overdrive and I'm beginning to get pushy 'round these parts. I want things done! I want them done my way! So there! *hmmmph*

WHy so huffy now? I think it's half primal.nesting thing... and the other comes from stumbling upon a 'third trimester checklist' the other day. Holy.Cow! I'm behind... in a BIG BAD WAY: nursing bras, pediatricians, hospital bags, car seat installation, etc... and that's not even touching having the nursery ready and waiting.

I'm off this weekend from teaching Saturday... so the Hotness better tie his hat on! I want results!

You know how it is with momentum... once things get rolling, things just get done. I just feel that this time around, it's taking us longer to get moving. There is always something else that requires our immediate attention.

For clarity...
Things That ARE Done:
bassinet purchased and put together
nursery painted
Bouncer purchased and ready
homemade burpees and swaddles made
Welcome Home Bebe- class for toddlers at the hospital; registered- will attend this weekend...
Big Brother potty trained *BIG CHECK!

Things that AREN'T Done:
crib put together w/ bedding
nursery assembled
closet clean and stocked ready for bebe
big brother shirt purchased for James
coming home outfit purchased for Jackson
bottles/breast pump found and inventoried
first month clothes purchased, washed, ready
Mommy essentials for hospital and home: short robe, nursing pads, socks, slippers,
Heirloomy stuff for brand new bebe pictures: cocoon, quilt, etc
Portrait lens ordered...
nursing bras purchased/breast pads
car seat found, assembled, and installed
hospital bag packed

How cool would it be for this time next week for me to show you how much I've whittled that list down!? For me anyway... Basically, I want the last 4 weeks or so to be stress.free. I want to focus my time and attention on spending time with my Beaux Jack... his last few weeks as an only child. And I want to spend some carefree time with my two boys... our last few weeks of being a family of three.

So that's it for me... what's been on my mind!
I'll keep you posted!

Peace, love, and plans plans PLANS!
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wow honey what a list! Ok this can all be done and I am sure your hotness will pull through...Can't wait to see how everything turns out. Hugs Grace

Becca G! said...

It sounds exciting and stressful.. just try to relax... and take pictures! You seem to love that... then post em... so we can see the beautiful pics you do! :)

Enjoy the last few weeks! I am excited for you!