Tuesday, March 31, 2009

*Big News*

Today was my 35 week appt with my high risk docs. I really enjoyed this visit. The doc was great, and I finally feel like we are going somewhere with this pregnancy.

Let's back up: I delivered James in Texas. I loved my doctor and felt very well cared for. One thing that she monitored closely was James' size. He was a big 'un from early on. We were expecting a heavy 8 lb bebe and were surprised when he came almost 2 weeks early at a whoppin' 9lbs. 10oz! Not being in Texas this time around keeps me from having the benefit of the same doctor watching the development of the second child, while linking the information gathered from the first pregnancy/delivery.

During my prenatal care this go round, my doctors weren't overly concerned with bebe.jax size. Wells, this visit confirmed my suspicions that Jackson, too, will most probably a big bebe. *I knew it.* So from here on out, we are monitoring his growth closely. Today's ultrasound showed that he is already at that 7 lbs. mark... and if he gains only half a pound a week, that could put him over the 9 1/2 lb. mark at due date.

Sooooo, I'll go back April 21st (@ 38 weeks) to get a new look at this big.bebe. We will decide then to induce either that week, or the next (39 weeks) *depending on his size. Oh, and NO- I do not have gestational diabeties.

***I generally resist medical intervention in most ways... BUT I do prefer to have this bebe naturally, so letting this pregnancy go to 40+ weeks- may put me at risk of ultimately having a c-section... so I'm definitely not wanting that.

Take a look at the new pictures. I can't stop looking at them. I'm smitten with my bebe.jax. He's beautiful and is the spitting image of his big.bruver... I'm at the end of this, and ready to move forward with my house full of hunky.boys!





Peace, love, and bebe.gear.galore,
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Grace said...

oh my you tiny girl how on earth???? God bless you! lol bebe is stinking adorable I love the great clear pictures! Hugs Grace

Carmen said...

That last pic DEFINITELY looks a lot like James. It is very hard for me to grasp that you make such big babies... even after seeing you this last week... You must really be all baby and you'll probably be in your normal pants the day after Jackson is born. :)
Keep us all posted!

Megan said...

Aww, how sweet!!! I am just SO excited for you guys!

Love the 3D pics-so cool!

Callie said...

I love the broccoli blanket! So cute. And you are so talented!