Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On weekending...

When most of you read this, it will be Wednesday. The middle day. The space between two weekends... Crazy how we are already mid.week!

The weekend was lovely. Erica and the boys came and we had the best time. I love the comfort that comes when you share space with people you trust. People who encourage. People who are big enough to give unconditionally... and place no expectations in return. Friendships like those are limitless and precious.

We threw a surprise green birthday party for the greenest girl we know. My favorite parts included blowing out the candles on Erica's birthday cake. The boys on chairs gathered round conquering the candles... Erica's face endlessly grinning... me knowing that the cake is perfect and that she feels loved.

The boys pretended to be Terracotta warriors... Granna sent museum goody bags with toys. I cooked and cooked.and.cooked and loved every second of it. We explored LSU and Highland... swam... sunned... and sat on the couch. Erica held theDuckling and told me that he was perfect no less than a hundred times. NEVER under estimate the power of encouragement. Every time she told how perfect Jackson was, I felt restored a bit. Re.enforced a bit. The flimsy in me was replaced with something stronger with every sincere reminder. What she was really saying was that I.did.well. I was.doing.well. And that I need.to.keep.on doing well. With a simple repeated word, she was telling me to buck up, stay strong, and take heart... that my efforts count... because my kids shined. *I want to encourage someone like that one day. Because she gifted me first...

We all sported Our Colors and watched LSU play. The two wives outlasted the husbands as they slept through the second half... I ate potato chips... and liked it. A lot.


(those LSU wreaths I mentioned earlier)




It was a good string of days. I look forward to October, November, and New Years...

Peace, love, and Matcha.
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

GreenErica said...

Actually, I just meant he's perfect....

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

You are an amazing mother. I like watching Jax watch you and wonder what it must be like to have you as a mother. Lucky boys.

I just ate the last piece of cake and loved every last bit...

xo

Jennifer said...

It sounds like ya'll had an amazing weekend and have an amazing friendship. What a blessing!

Erica is right, you are an amazing mother, wife and friend. Keep on pushing forward sweetness and you can encourage me one day when God blesses Jason and I with a little one. :o)

Much Love and big 'ole hugs!

Anonymous said...

OH I wish I had been there to love up on all the Whittys! thank you for loving my family.
Granna