Thursday, January 6, 2011

To be Five...

Dear boy.of.mine,


You've reached the mark you've been waiting for... Five Years Old. I'm so happy that you are happy. For the first time in your life, you outlined exactly what kind of fanfare you felt fit this big milestone. I did everything in my control to secure all the details of the day that you wanted... not because you are demanding or hard to please- but because you are the kind of child that a mother wants to indulge. There isn't an ugly bone in your body- or more importantly, your spirit.

It's spectacular to watch you grow... and I have noted every detail of this growth since you were just a flutter deep within my womb. I marvel in who you are. I'm astonished at who God has created you to be. There was a time, not too long ago, that your dad and I could evaluate everything about you... your nature, your eyes, your smile, your predispositions... we could label them quite clearly into two categories: theMe in you, and theHim in you. But now we can clearly see that there is more to you than Us. And thank goodness for it! You are so much more than we could have ever imagined. You are intricate, marvelous, and sincere.

I love you for where you have brought me. I love where you take me. I love the journey I've found in being your mother. I love the hope that exist every morning I wake up to find you in our nest. Watching you grow is fantastic and devastating and beautiful... I'm so grateful you share this space with us.

always and forever.ever,
momma

photo credit: Glass Wall Photography

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Truly beautiful, Lyns. I hope one day I can find the same bliss in motherhood that you do. James is a very lucky boy to have such a wonderful and supportive family.

Lacey said...

I love everything about you Lindsey! I enjoyed reading your post about your upcoming adoption. How exciting! So much in store for your little family!