Thursday, May 1, 2008

Crystal ball anyone?

I'm sitting here while the bebe naps... taking just a quick break from cleaning to drink a diet Fresca (my new guilty pleasure) and update on our house hunt/sell/relo process. And a 'process' it is indeed! We are NO LONGER, I repeat- no longer, driving in to Baton Rouge tomorrow to put a bid in on a house. We are moving that trip back to next weekend. Earlier this week, we found out more details of the relocation plan. It was in our best interest to concentrate our efforts on putting our house on the market ASAP- which means our time would be better served getting our loose ends tied up here. We are meeting with our realtor here in Kingwood this Wednesday- maybe sooner if I can get everything done in time.

Right now we are in contact with the four Exxon preferred lenders going through the financial motions of getting approved for a loan to purchase the new house. This is where it gets a bit sticky for us. How much house should we try to buy? There are as many pros to spending more as there are to spending less. Everyone has an opinion... But we are the only ones who have to live with the results. So, I'm feeling a bit intimidated about what to choose. We want to make the very best choice for us.

We can only do what we can do. Which means that our days are filled with these activities (and nearly all are done to excess):
1.) Pray... hard... and pray specifically.
2.) Clean, decluter, organize the house
3.) Talk to our agent in BR, the relo rep, Exxon HR, the 4 loan officers
4.) Stalk real estate in BR online
5.) Call and email each other (Marcus/Me) as we have ideas, thoughts, concerns
6.) Tend to the two year old- and let him feel comfortable in spite of his parents elevated stress level.
7.) Whittle my independent studies down so I can flippin graduate.

The bad part for me, is that I know that we have just now begun this long journey that will last for the next two months. I still will have to attend and pass two summer classes in Huntsville everyday- while taking care of James Neal, and sell a house while Marcus is working in Baton Rouge. His start date is June 16th- for those of you who don't know. So, send prayers and encouragement my way if you can. I'm really wondering if we are capable of doing it all and make wise decisions in the process.

Silver lining? In three months this will all be behind us! I'll have graduated, we will be in a new home working towards a new step for us. Plus, I am grateful to be able to be in this position. I mean, if this is the worst that we have to deal with, then we aren't doing too bad.

*Okay* Here are a few things that I have taken the time to enjoy in spite of the constant rush that has consumed our lives:

This is called a 'hanging j' which means he is just hours from forming his chrysalis- good thing too, because these buggers are eating me out of house and home!












1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Awwwhhhh Shug...Big hugs and even bigger kisses! Take your time and hurry up! LOL!