Sunday, October 19, 2008

The weather, the oaks, and my boys...


This weekend was lovely. I really needed it. Last week I went a little stir crazy with my newly SAHM status... There is no place I'd rather be than tending my own son in the best way I can, however, it's hard on me as an individual. I'm developing a handful of things/ways to help me maximize my new role so that I can be fulfilled as an individual while stimulating James and his nature as he grows. BUT the weekend was good to me.

I started a new class this Saturday. It's a good group of kids... and they always energize me. LSU won their game this weekend which made everyone happy. It was the first game in a while that we didn't entertain family/friends... it was so nice to have the bebe asleep, cuddled up on the couch without the pressures of hosting.

OH, and the weather... splendid. We've had the AC off for two whole days now... our big windows open... you can hear the killdeers outside by the lake and occasionally you can hear the cows in the far field. It's lovely. A break from the oppressive sticky heat really reminds me how primal we really are... like animals, totally energized by cool, crisp weather.

Today we went to the Oak Alley Plantation Craft Festival... I was suppose to call Sugarbutt on our way out... but I forgot my cell phone at home. By the time I realized it, we were nearly to Gonzales. *Sorry* Sugar. We had a great time. I scored some cool local art for the house and picked up a few Christmas presents, too. James rode a pony and petted his heart out at the petting zoo. They even had bebe chicks!!! I love chickens so much. I'd love to have a house where I can have chickens and gather my own fresh eggs. My grandparents had a small farm... so chickens bring back the best memories of my childhood. Yes, I only buy cage free/range eggs... chicken broth and poultry. Period. I don't care if it's more expensive. It matters to me.

We picnicked under an oak in front of the main house... I had eggplant w/crawfish sauce, Hotness had jambalaya, and Beaux Jack tore up some Seafood Pasta. It always tickles me how well James eats. He's two but he eats real food... won't touch chicken nuggets or other fried kiddy foods. I wonder if it's just his nature, or if it's because he's never really eaten anything other than the food we eat? I made his bebe food... then he went to our table foods... maybe that has something to do with it. The lawn was dappled in sun.shadows from the sprawling tree branches. We ate, then relaxed on the grass a while on the lawn while James ran and gathered sticks. Then it was off to gather up our loot at the various booths, and kettle corn and pralines on our way to the car. Just the refreshing activity that I needed.

Here are some of the pics we snapped today. James loves animals so much... he's so calm, gentle, and loving. I know he's my kid- but I'm positive that he is the very sweetest child I know.








This elderly gentleman was so sweet... I asked him if I could take a pic of his peanut roaster. It was so old and beautiful! It was manufactured in 1887! Cooool.









That's all for tonight. I'm gearing up for a big week. I'm making James' halloween costume, hosting an engagement party with my sister, and preparing for our 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. It's going to be madness.

Peace and Love,
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

GreenErica said...

LINDSEY! Tate wore the same shirt James is wearing in those pics today!!!!! And I think those two pull it off QUITE well. Thanks for the pics. I needed them. I miss that boy. Oh...I miss him.

xoxo

Michelle Sanders said...

This post makes my heart hurt. Seriously. I can smell the peanuts and see the oaks. I'm certain that I will dream about it tonight. I miss doing craft shows more than I ever thought I would. That's it, I'm doing shows next year. Get ready.

MsAmerica said...

It looks like yall had a blast! I googled that festival when I got to work. I was curious. Oh, and that pumpkin patch we went too was past Amite, straight on Hwy 16. You see signs everywhere. I throughly enjoyed it. Anyway, those pics of Beau Jack make my heart swell. Hes too darlin'

Oh, and *Perfect* weekend to go! I love Autumn, but you already know that. :)
-xo

Jill said...

Ooww... those photos make me all warm and fuzzy inside. Watching you and Michelli with your sweet bebes gives me a little twinge in ma heart for motherhood.

I just took bridal photos at Greenwood and the first shot you have looks familiar. Maybe we passed it on the way. How do you know about these festivals, btw? I wanna go!!! :)

P.S. - Shoot me an email. I have a new place. blueeyez055@aol.com