Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We're back....

and better than ever!

We had a beautiful time on our trip. Thanks for all the sweet comments, calls, and emails. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to get away and reconnect. So much of our lives revolve around our family, that sometimes we forget to nurture ourselves as individuals and a couple. That being said, for every perfect moment in the mountains we had, we lamented James not being their with us to experience it. He's more than a kid... he's an extension of us that brings us ultimate joy and validation. It helps that he's a *kick* to be around. We hope to travel back to Appalachia next year with him and chunky.whitty to do it all again as a family.

The leaves were gorgeous. The rocks and elevation are so 'exotic' to this wetland girl. We stayed off the beaten path, for the most part, and took lots of pictures. Yes, I'll post them soon. I'm thinking a day.by.day sort of post to share the pics.

But for now, I'm hitting the ground running finishing James' costume for trick.or.treating tomorrow night and Friday... plus, we had an unexpected call from the in.laws wanting to come in and stay with us this weekend. The next two days of costume making, cleaning, birthday party planning for the inlaws, general hosting guest delima may undo the respite I gained in Tennessee... BUT, in moderation, I should be able to keep every one happy while not killing myself in the process.

I can't wait to share my pictures and stories. I'll try my best to have some pics up soon.

Oh, and as for chunky.whitty.numero.two, he/she is growing. My belly is starting to be fairly obvious and I'm in maternity clothes now. Did a little shopping last week. I'll be fourteen weeks this Sunday... things are moving along. Oh, and the best part is I can feel the bebe move now. Little flutters from deep within. It's just as magical the second time. I can't imagine a better feeling.

Stay tuned for more, friends.
Oh, and get ready to vote! The election will be here soon, thank goodness.
Barack Obama is the one, yall. He's got the plan, the passion, and the intellect to move us forward and secure the future for our children. I'm certain of it. If you are undecided, please let me tell you specifically why I believe he is the best choice. AND if you have a different opinion, that's okay too. I like people who aren't exactly like me... gives me a new perspective on things.

Peace, love and love.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh can't wait for those photos! I always do look forward to you and Michelli's pics. I wish I was better at being the photographer, but I'm ever so forgetful and lose myself in the moment too much to snap! Grr.

Can't wait to see that bump! Talk of babies has been in the mix in the Lamonte/Corkern household as of late, so I like to hear about your growth and experiences. Chunky Witty. Did Michelle ever tell you what I used to call Zane in her belly? Cletus the Fetus.

Now that I've grossed you out, I'm outtie. Hee hee. Thanks for the wonderful and inspiring comments you leave for me, as always.

xo Jill

Michelle Sanders said...

Welcome back to civilization! LOL! I'm so glad you had a calming break. Pace yourself this weekend and let me know if you need ANYTHING! Love and kisses. I miss you!