Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

Sorry for the delay in posting... I will admit, though, that I loved the bully emails and comments about putting up a new post. Made me feel special and there are times when it's nice to be bossed around. ;) There were a hundred times this week I had planned to post... blogs written in my mind while I was washing dishes or driving in the car. But, you know how that goes.

This week was the best one for me in a while. The Hotness was gone on business (and NO, that's not why the week was good). I had an *almost* vomit free week! That's right, I think I may be turning the corner with this pregnancy. *knocking on stacks of lumber.* But with MarcusHotness being gone, my single mother instincts had to kick in. Feeling a little better, we enjoyed spending time together this week. James is such a little dear. He's kinder than I ever would have imagined him to be... he's funny... and he loves me so sincerely. Our time together means so much to me. I'm grateful to be able to be home with him.

We got out this week for some lunch dates, runs to the local nurseries to pick out some fall plants, and some shopping sprees to Target. The weather was so cool, dry, and nice. We were like little squirrels digging outside getting our patio ready for crisp fall nights.

*On a rather dreadful note, I'm having some wisdom teeth issues. Pregnancy, for whatever reason, makes my teeth shift and do crazy things.... like those impacted wisdom teeth that the dentist swears will NEVER surface, actually decide to make their destructive appearance. So, I feel like I've been in a bar fight- and came out on the losing end. Can I have my wisdom teeth out while preggers? I mean... how can that happen? I'm making an appointment this week. So please pray that these buggers will just leave me be until chunky.whitty gets here. The last thing I want is to go through that surgery again!!! But then again, I can't go on like this anymore either.

Here are a few random pics from Lola--- some taken on the road back from Texas, other were taken this week.



Okay, so we were off to Naylors when I drove past the familiar lawn art store... That's when I spotted him! Jesus shooting a cannon! I'm sure this is just an optical illusion... but it was so bazaar that I had to grab the cell camera. Plain eerie!

James has exerted his independence to dress himself. Well, sort of. We negotiate to let me dress him- and he can pick his hat out. And yall all know that he's an avid hat collector... so he grabbed this bucket hat that he wore when he was 18months... totally doesn't fit- or match. But he was sure that THIS hat was the hat for the day. Who knew we'd find a coy pond? Maybe he knew all along.



His Aunt Carlie had given Beaux $4 to spend on his shopping trip... he found this fantastic wooden snake at Naylors for $2.99! And after a grocery trip on the way home, he scored some mini M&M's with his last buck.


Can you spot the mini-rainbow? God's covenant to Noah! Always so special.


I hope to start making James' Halloween costume this week... it's gonna be great. I can see it now! And we may make a trip up to Poverty Point to fish a bit this week. It's been a while since I've been fishing- and James is dying to go fishing in the boat. So that's all for now.

Thanks for commenting and emailing even though I've been such a neglectful blogger! I'll do better!

Peace & Love!
xo
lmkw

5 comments:

GreenErica said...

LOVE the post. LOVE the hat and koi pond pics. So special. I'm so happy you're feeling better. Love you, Buttercup...

e

Jill said...

Well, I hope to look as good as you do when I'm all prego-pukey. Good to hear its getting better for you.

As always, loving the photos. Adore the koi pond shots. He's such a doll. Enjoyed seeing you guys "in the flesh" the other day!

Michelle Sanders said...

It was the magical chex mix...the reason for the puke free week. I'm certain of it. And those pics of J with that hit are just precious! Thanks for calling today. I needed it more than you know. I love you. I need my sugar.

Anonymous said...

OMG your Pregnant?! Hey its your sam houston buddy Jessica. I signed up just to say that lol

MsAmerica said...

Hmm, I tried leaving a comment this morning, but I guess it didn't post.

The Jesus statue is an illusion! I SO saw that a few ago, and had to do a double taker. Odd thing, I thought of you too! And then the flaming pig lighter you got years ago. Hmm.. weird I know. :) This is my blog, check it out. Love ya!