Monday, November 17, 2008

*Perks*



I took these shots last week. Moments like this one pictured, makes me realize the ultimate privilege it is to be a stay.at.home mom. James was fully dressed and in his playroom... he came out to show me his 'improvements.' Right then, in that moment, I felt the overwhelming gift of motherhood. I'm so grateful to be there, living in the moment... present... with my son. I was made for this.

My sister and her family are in for a week long visit from California. I'm loving our time together. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Momma and Daddy's for a big seafood*bash. Daddy's famous fried fish, shrimp done half a dozen ways, seafood gumbo, *my* bread pudding... and lots more. It was delicious. I love my daddy's fried fish. It's light, just salty enough and as fresh as it could possibly be. We eat only the fish we catch... and seeing how he fishes on average at least once a week, we always have the most delicious supply of sac au lait. It's comfort food to me.

My sister has the most beautiful children. They are so smart and kind and gentle. I'm so proud of her and them. Dylan is five months older than James Neal. They are soul mates and best friends. I've never seen a sweeter connection. Kate is as pretty as a little rose bud. She's 8 months and as alert and interactive a bebe as I've ever seen. And she's a fair skinned red head, just like her YaYa. I just savor every snuggle I get... she feels so good in my arms and she smells like heaven. I love her so much.

Danyelle is the coolest girl I know. I'm a typical little sister: I idolize pretty much everything she does. Of all my siblings, we are the most alike... in a lot of ways. I wish we lived closer. She dazzles me.

Today we brought the boys to the zoo. Small town living sometimes makes for a slow Monday; many places are closed! But we had the best time with the boys at the zoo. I only snapped a few pics, because my main agenda is to soak up the moment without feeling the pressure or need to document it all. *Which I will elaborate on soon... just thought for another post* The boys held hands when they walked and hugged each other so many times, my hormones sent me into a love*induced*headache. I can't wait to watch them grow up together.

Here are a few snaps from my *new* point and shoot camera. She's super sexy and I haven't played enough to really enjoy her... She's the slightest shade of gold, and has a 3.5 inch touch screen. Something that sexy requires it's own name. So Lucia it is.


Here is a quick snap of a beautiful rainbow we spotted on our way to dinner the other night. It was a full rainbow, where we saw the beginning and the ending. It was stunning. Don't you love the reminder? *God's covenant with Noah!*






Tomorrow? The boys are off to spend the day with Tim and PawPaw at BassPro. Us ladies? Shopping at the Bungalow, Circa, and our other favs... oh, and lunch at Roman's. We are taking bebe.Cake with us. I'm bringin' my bebe sling because there isn't a thing I'd like more than wearin' that bebe girl while I shop. Did I mention that she really does smell like a rose?

Peace, love, and shade trees.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

GreenErica said...

Oh, Lindsey. I'm so happy you get to spend this time with D and her family! The pics are amazing. I bet James is just so happy!!!! Can't wait to see pics of everything!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
e

Jill said...

Beautiful photos. Those two look like brothers!

Carley said...

The boys are so cute together! I'm so glad you guys are having a good time. Lets see some pics of that baby girl too! You'll have to tell me more about your new camera. We're still on the lookout for something better.

Grace said...

look at that perfect rainbow! Enjoy your visit, those 2 boys look so precious like brothers! Me and my cousin Rosy were close like that when we were little and the same now as adults. Enjoy Grace