Saturday, November 1, 2008

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

*I'm issuing a Claire and Erica WARNING***Prepare yourselves...




I've always called James my prince, but for a day... or three, he was a king.

We're in for one wild night.

Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Taught never to retreat. Never to surrender. Taught that death on the battlefield in service to Sparta was the greatest glory he could achieve in his life.

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant. That few stood against many. And before this war is over, even a god-king can bleed.

Their arrows will block out the sun…Then we shall fight in the shade.

Only one among us keeps his Spartan reserve. Only him. Only our king.

Hundreds leave, a handful stay, only one looks back.

Spartans! Prepare for glory!!

A new age has come, an age of freedom. And all will know that 300 Spartans gave their last breath to defend it.

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans are the finest soldiers the world has ever known.

Have you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

Only Spartan women give birth to real men.

****
We had a blast. It was hard not to be distracted by the idea that James will never be two again... I hold on to every shred I can... but time has a way of bringing something new to him. I've always said that {this} is my favorite stage... each day bringing something new to dazzle me. But one day, him being small will be gone.






I'm pleased with how his costume came out... much cuter than anything I could have bought... it reminds me of making his cobra costume. I *have got to* post one of those pics here.

It never fails to amaze me how good natured my boy is. No matter what the mood, he's so gentle and kind... always so innocently happy and good and pleasent. I can't help but see his daddy in him. Such generous and happy fellas... and it's me they adore. A girl has never had more...

Happy Sunday,
Peace and love,
xo
lmkw

These pics were taken will my point.and.shoot... I plan on staging some better shots with the prof. gear. Maybe first of this week or something...

4 comments:

GreenErica said...

O.......M.......G..............

Becca G! said...

HE IS SOOOOOOOOO AMAZINGLY CUTE!

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh Shug! It came out so perfect! I love it! You are a rockin' costume maker and your little man is so hansome!

Now you know we need to catch up now! Miss ya sweets!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did an awesome job with his costume AND he totally pulls it off. Kudos to both of you!!!