Monday, December 22, 2008

I've been thinking a lot lately...

mostly about my legacy, who I am, who I want to be, and what I want for my family. I want to share some of these thoughts here on my blog- but I may have to wait until the holiday flurries settle around me. But I have been thinking about my life this year forward...

I'm wanting big things in 2009 for my marriage and my little family. I'm sure some of these things will end up on yee.trusy.ole.New.Years.Resolution list.

But for now, let me leave you with a few pictures taken within the last couple of days... Sugarbutt came over to spend some time with us yesterday. She brought her men and her cheer. Oh, and last night I held a miracle. Bebe.Miracle that is... we spent the evening being wined.and.dined by my dear friend and her husband. I love them. We've got so much to look forward to, now that we are both back from our out.of.state adventures. ;)

*It seems as if I am procrastinating on getting holiday pics of James and Marcus... Tuesday is our day! Our strictly observed family day. *How time flies?

I selected these pics because of the great faces and expressions... totally in the moment, unplanned, and imperfect. *I'm beginning to fall in love with the 'grit' of life... which is one of the things I've been thinking about. I want James to know me to be a full, round, rich woman... not the poser, the pretender, the pretty face... but a mother, a girl, a life who wasn't scared to jump in and roll with life... Sure, I want my photos to document all that God's given us. But you know what? There is more to me and my life than the allure of all things 'polished.' The person who'd give up the 'perfect moment' in an instance to allow the 'real' to shine through. Out with the 'perception' and in with 'authentic.' That's one goal.

One day, my legacy... my sons will recount who their mother was. What will they say?

I'm committed to the investment that will be the answer to that question one day.








Can you see that bebe.belly? Bebe.Jax is working on getting here... and I'm issuing this warning now: he's gonna be one special boy. I can feel it.





Go now and let your lords leap, and your maids milk... and water that fig tree!

Peace, love, and miracles.
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

How perfectly imperfect. I love that. You made our day so special. When will you let me return the favor? I want to make your day special too!

Kisses dear!

Grace said...

your baby Jax has a great form! lol You look great...Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year.. Hugs Grace

Carley said...

We had a great time too! Hearing James sing twinkle twinkle "quietly so it wouldn't scare her" was priceless! He's going to be such a great big brother. I'm so glad you guys are here.