Friday, December 26, 2008

*My Boy*





















He's turning THREE on Monday...

Three.

I can't stop thinking about it.

To me he represents: life, love, hardwork, mercy, consistancy, forgiveness, beauty, courage, and commitment.

He is the kid you want to be around... because he's just plain fun. He's the one you take out to dinner... because he'll behave and add to the night. He's the one that you let participate... because he'll add to the experience.. He's the one you miss when he's not around. He's the one you take the time to teach... because he's coachable. He's the one who is fun to buy for... because he is grateful. He's the thing in your life that makes you laugh at the 'stuff' you use to do... because just him being here, being the kid he is, makes your old self look plain silly.

"Where are we going, Momma?" -Where would you like to go? "The Great Wall of China. I bet it's bigbig."

"What is this, Momma?" -What do you think it is? "A rocket ship that can fly to the moon."

"Here's a flower for you Momma... I fink I womantic. Like Daddy."

Purpose. He represents 'purpose' to me.

He's been in my life for three years. How time flies.

***************************************************
Christmas was beautiful. Santa knew how to rock the party, yet again. Inlaws are coming in for the bday festivities. Moon is coming with her boys. I can't wait for James to be with Tater. I'm going to sit on the couch with E and tuck my toes under her leg. Our big boys are going to follow each other around like pups. I may photograph every second... or face the fact that a pixel can never fully capture what happens when we are all together.

I will post Santa and Christmas pics as soon as I can. I started teaching a new class today- so with that and gearing up for company, I will be swamped. But I'll find time as soon as I can.

Peace, love, and nostalgia.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Janee said...

I love his cheeks! I just want to cover them with kisses! : ) You have such a precious big boy! I know his baby brother will be equally adorable!

Is it crazy to have a three year old? Because I think it's completely nuts that my princess is almost 18 months!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!
I hope you were able to spend lots of quality time with family. :)

And Happy 3rd Birthday James!!!
You know I think the best boys in the world are born on December 29th! ;)