Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The *Magic* of Home

We are in full swing heading for Christmas here in our little house. Our spirits are bright, the decorations are going up bit by bit, the tree is watered and well on it's way of being the prettiest tree we've ever had. Many presents have been bought, none wrapped yet, and some still left to find. My Christmas cookie list is taking shape, and soon will be arranged on a platter, with some ready to hand out to family and friends.

This past week has been a wild ride. We met the inlaws half.way between here and Houston to drop James off for a week... at their request. James' Pops had his big Christmas.extravaganza downtown and wanted his best grandson to be there with him. Our idea was that half a week would be more appropriate, but we caved to the begging grandparents and let him attempt a full week. I was planning to get 'Christmas done in a week' with intentions to coast the rest of the month sipping on spiced tea, in my Christmas flannels. But midweek, I got a wild desire to zip over to Houston and visit my Moonbeam and her darling family. I've been officially gone from my Livable Forest for... 4ish months now. It was long enough to make me miss it/them like crazy. I'm glad I took the time to scoot over and reconnect with my favorite family. *Sorry Sugarbutt for missing your bday and backing out on our Birthday Dinner Date* I'll make it up to you!!!

Needless to say, I spent days with this exceptional creature.

This is what I call the Tate.factor. My heart is mostly filled with my adora.child, James Neal... however, there are these nooks and crannies that are no doubt filled with this child, Tate. He's got a firm hold on me. And those of you who know him, understand clearly why. I've never met a kid quite like this one. He's incredibly bright, funny, and clearly different from most other kids in an unbelievable way... And my heart beats for him like a mother's would. I enjoyed every second with this one... He's coming to stay with me in a few weeks! I already have his bed ready, his toothbrush out, and his bath.toys on standby.

Here is a summer pic of James with his best friend.

They are a perfect match.

Which leads me to my next point... my Erica. She's my perfect match.






I had the greatest time with her this week. She got to feel the bebe move- even before Marcus. I'm so glad she gets to go through this with me. We met when James was 6 months old. I enjoy my time with her so much... plus I get the benefit of being around her family. First, her hubster is my BFH... I love him nearly as much as I do her... cept she makes jewelry for me. Then her sisters and mother... I love them like my own. Plus this impromptu visit allowed me to spend some time with her sister's brand new angel.bebe, Zekial. My heart was broken when I couldn't be there a week ago when he was born... but just at five days old, I got to hold him in my very own arms. He's perfect in every way.

While in Texas, we attended my inlaws downtown Christmas Party... It's really an awesome little shindig: sidewalk artist, horse drawn carriage rides, face painters, The Houston Symphonic Band, Santa Clause, cookies, cakes, hot chocolate and wassel, Christmas lights- all FREE of charge!... Marcus' Dad is the property manager for four big highrise buildings downtown in the galleria area. This is his big Christmas shindig... his shining moment. This year was special because James Neal got to ride in with Santa on his sleigh to begin the party! Needless to say, this year was his favorite year of all... he loved every second of it. Here are a few quick pics:







James LOVED having his face painted... which is why he went back again for the penguin... and is also the reason why he BEGGED me to have my face painted. I'm a touch too old for that... but he wanted me to do it so badly. It was worth it, though. After it was over, I was kneeling to show it off to him, and he grabbed my cheeks and looked deep in my eyes and said, "Momma, you the most bootiful gull in the whole wurl." Then planted a big kiss on my lips. And right then and there I thanked God for all that He's given me... More than my fair share, for sure.

And not to belabor a good thing... in fact, I'll expound more in a later post but having James has made me enjoy life so much more. The details of things... the anticipation of things... the pure delight found in every day life. I love how beautifully simple my life is...I'm fulfilled in such a deep.down way. He'll be three this December. That phrase makes me feel two things simultaneously... it makes me feel victorious and strong, but also saddened that these past three years are in the past for us... memories. Did I enjoy it enough? Did I savor each minute? Did I love entirely with no reserve? Did I create a sense of security, safety, unconditional love, curiosity, and wonder for him during those years? Heck, I was new at it all... I was a rookie! He was a divine promise fulfilled to me... was I all that I could be for him?




I feel like the answer is probably 'yes, mostly.' I was made to be his mother and feel like this is the greatest thing I have ever done... But I hope I never forget the privilege nestled in each day as I go about the more mundane task of motherhood. It's not all fun- but it is a gift... privilege. I hope the 'new' never wears off. He's still so new to me... so wonderfully new.

I'm so happy to be home. I love it here, smack dab between my two boys. It's fun to be their girl... To think we are adding another one to our crew!!!? I can't wait to have this next son in my arms... I'm ready for him to join us. We've got so much to give.

*Stay tuned for holiday house pics... and more ramblings...

Peace, love, and claymations.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad to hear from you... honestly, it feels good to know someone I *know* was in the same state as me. It's hard being away from all my family and friends this time of year and while expecting my little one... Whenever you're in TX, your welcome to smile and wave in my direction.

Did I tell you that a couple weeks ago Theona looked at me over dinner and said, "Mom, you're my best friend." Ahhh. those are the best moments. So much more than I ever expected, or deserve...

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh shug, I *heart* this post. And don't ever doubt yourself. Not even for a minute. You rock. I love you. So, ummmm...starbucks and greek? Soonish? Please?! LOL!

GreenErica said...

You will NEVER know how much I love you and appreciate you. I miss you guys and would literally do anything for y'all to live here again....

Just two more weeks....

xoxo,
e

Janee said...

1. I told you I thought there was a place in Central for Christmas lights.. it's the Leader House. It's in the Central paper (centralcitynews.net)
2. Did y'all make the trip to the Messenger's yet?
3. Supposedly, Bass Pro in Denham is doing FREE photos with Santa AND Mrs. Claus.
4. Snow pictures????
5. Over my 2 week winter break, we need to get together. We may bring Parker to the Children's Museum in NO. Tag along? or just hang out somewhere?