Monday, January 12, 2009

The Sunday that came before Monday...


I've been feeling a rush of energy lately. January is turning out to be a *magical* time of year for me. I suppose I've been tooooooo busy with school and life the past few years to really see that. Anywho, that's me at 24 weeks. I'm officially in my THIRD TRIMESTER. I can't believe it. Such a grateful place to be. Bebe.jax will be here in just 12 weeks. Hopefully in three or four weeks I can clearly say "I'm ready." But for now, I'm still preparing for our new boy.

Back to being inspired. I am. Inspired. About life, about my marriage, about my children... my house... my opportunities here in this place. AND I've been inspired develop my photography into something I can use and celebrate more. Yesterday, I carried my camera around with me hoping to capture some of this *fantastic* that's been in the air around here.

Here is the result... a photo.journal of our Sunday.

***

We find James a lot just playing in his playroom. He loves it here. *I've got plans to complete this room soon.

I got dressed and took a second to photograph my big day: Beginning of my third trimester. I plan on taking many more pics during this time... I regret not celebrating my pregnacy with James. I was still struggling with my miscarriage then... and it just wasn't the same. This time, I feel strong and capable and beautiful. So I hope to take more time documenting my beautiful pregnant body.




James helped me pack away our Nativity. He wanted to hold bebe.Jesus.


Marcus treated us to our favorite cold.weather.lunch...


La Mad's...


They were short staffed so one of the cooks actually took our order. We always let James order his own food... meaning, we let him tell the waiter/waitress what he'd like to eat and drink. *It's a pet.peeve of mine to see mothers speak for their 9, 10+ year old children when at a restaurant. I want my kid to know how to talk in all settings. You look them in the eye, you clearly let them know your order, you say thank you. He's been doing this since before he was two. *He just ordered his drink back then... I don't talk for my kid. He's a human being. He knows to look strangers in the eye and speak up. He knows English and is learning to do a great job himself. So anyways, the cook recited his list of choices (the usual, mac and cheese, pbj, pizza, etc) James said, "Ummmmmm..." The cook looked at me. I told him that he's more in to 'real' food... suprised, the cook said, "I know! How about French toast!" Well, that was a winner. James asked for 'french toast wiff some fruit. I'm so so hungry. I could eat an ewwephant. And milk, please." Ring it up. The cook apparently was tickled by the whole exchange. He hand delivered the meal, and told James he cooked it himself with extra fruit and whip cream. It was enough to make the mom in me want to hug him... AND his mother. Look at that delicious plate of goodness! *Another reason why we love this place.

Me? Easy. Fat.free chicken ceasar with Tomato.Basil.Heaven.in.a.cup. Marcus suprised me with the strawberries romanoff... This pregnancy has made me a fruitatarian. Oh, they were PERFECT. And Mango tea with lots of lemon.



To the grocery for fish oil and king author whole wheat flour and flax... *for bread.


"Momma, take a pitture of my tongue." I've taken pictures of less... why not?





The sunset ride home... it was so grey all day... the clouds were beautiful.


A few celebratory self.portraits... Bebe.jax was just a moving around. I feel beautiful. I read a blog earlier last week... she was explaining how pregnancy can make you feel beautiful; 'the kind of beautiful God intends women to feel.' Yep! I understand that. Completely. I'm happy to share in that feeling. So*So*happy.
*I use to avoid pics inside... the light is always so bad. But I'm beginning to love the dark grainy shots with lots of shadows. I'm learning that 'perfect' shots don't always occur in 'optimal' light, etc.*

Wells, the pics stop here. We fed the boy, bathed him... and to bed he went. I made mexican lattes. Marcus made me one of his incredible paninis with fruit... and then we watched Jack Bauer save the world for two beautiful hours.

Hello week! I've got lots planned for you.

Peace, love, and target.runs.
xo
lmkw

5 comments:

Jill said...

I *love* being first!! ;)

You and I eat the same exact thing at LaMadelines. So heart that place.

And you are quite beautiful in your pregnancy. I love that you embrace your belly and wear cute outfits that sort of "frame" your lil oven.

And I know what you mean about liking the inside lighting. Imperfectly lit photos are always the ones that catch your eye. A stream of light here, a shadow there, kind of mysterious.

Michelle Sanders said...

Beautiful sugar. I love seeing your preggo shots. Love it. I'm so glad you are documenting this time. I still miss you. tons.

Carley said...

What a great blog. I'm so happy for you and that you are enjoying your pregnancy. I miss that beautiful pregnant feeling.

Did you know that Oak Point sells La Madelines tomato basil? So if you are having a craving and can't quite make it there, you have options!

LeS said...

beautiful stuff here...keep clicking, it (and pregnancy) becomes you!

honey, please send me your email address...i wanted to email you a note directly, k?

i'm at lesophie(at)comcast(dot)net

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love seeing a little bit of your little world. :)

As expected, you look beautiful pregnant. Keep up with the photos. I totally regret not taking any when I was pregnant... but I certainly didn't look like that. ;)

Oh, and can you send me a king cake???? I may have to visit the parents just to get a good one!