Thursday, April 2, 2009

Project Update!

I've been promising for weeks... throw a nice thunderstorm our way, and look at me! Ready to post pics at last!

Here is the bebe.bassinet we ordered for our boy.love. Me being the research queen, I debated a classic model against this guy- and he won. He's bigger, can hold heftier weights- 'cause we all know this bebe will start out on his journey almost twice as big as the average infant. So the classic bassinet hold up to 18 lbs... this one goes to 30... or was it 35? Anywho, I figure this will buy us more time if we need it. PLUS it's the perfect bassinet if you have other tots in the house. Wider base = less tippage = safer jax. It's a great ecru, lime, and chocolate color with wood accents. It has motorized movement, vibrations, and white.noise. Since we were reusing some of James' nursery things, it made sense to set up a little 'infant.spot' in our bedroom. I hope it works out! We'll see....



Now on to my sewing projects! There are a few things we are nuts about... and one being we are swaddle folks. We wrap our bebies up like little burritos, and they like it. Store bought blankets are too small and sometimes too thick to be useful swaddle blankets- even though they are labeled as such. SO I make my own. I had so much fun picking out fabrics for these blankets and burp rags- made by embellishing cloth diapers. Nothing fancy, double sided, clean finish. I love how fabric patterns are really having a comeback! This isn't your Grandma's calico anymore! They have such cute options for little boys- besides the run.of.the.mill train and truck themes. I wish I could make a dozen more... but this will be more than plenty!










There are a half a dozen burp rags not pictured here... they got cuter as I went. I used bits of ribbon, ric.rac, ball fringe, fabrics, patches, etc to embellish those cuties.

Anywho, so that's that! The nursery is complete and so is James' room (finally) so those pics will be along soon.

*And if you missed the earlier post of bebe.jax's latest pics, scroll down. He's too cute to miss.

Peace, love, and electricity.
xo
lmkw

5 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Thanks for the pics shug! I've been needing my sugarbut fix but between our busy mama lives, we just can't seem to get it together! Soon, SOON! I must see those baby goodies IRL! Beautiful work sweets! My little guy still uses his that you made him. He calls them his blankets. He loves them!

GreenErica said...

Oh, Lindsey.

The broccoli....

I ♥ you.

Carley said...

The broccoli one is hysterical! I love the bassinet. It makes me miss having Addison in my room.

Carmen :) said...

We used cloth diapers too for burp cloths because the absorbency is definitely better than other things that are supposedly sold as burp cloths. C now sleeps with them as her soothing item just like I used to when I was little. All that being said, ours are all boring next to spiffy ones you made! Great job!

Janee said...

Um, so when I have another baby... I'm totally commissioning you to sew him/her cute stuff! I could get in trouble in a fabric store... haha, but then I wouldn't know what to do with it once I bought it! : )