Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Almost a man...


TheDuckling turned Four Months old on Sunday. To celebrate, we pureed up a prune.

What? You were expecting a cupcake and sprinkles? Jax has been having some... 'not.so.delicate issues' this past week... which required... a little 'help.' And since a natural remedy was in the cupboard, we celebrated, indulged, and later were 'free' of any and all issues! ;)

We are going to hold off on bebe.foods until closer to six months. But with this growing boy still keeping us up at night, we may start rice cereal this month some time.

I don't exactly know how to feel... some days I'm melancholy about how fast an infant actually turns into a bebe. As I rock him, I inventory everything about his little person that is changing. Growing. His little furrow.brow. His lashes. The red.blond sprouts of down fluffing up around his round.round noggin. Sometimes I wonder if he's the last bebe I will hold. Sometimes thinking like that makes me ache.

Jax is our sunshineBoy. He loves being here with us and loves watching us all go about our business. If he catches you looking at him, he begins to monkeyShine. Smiles. Gut.giggles. Kicking his fat.dumplin feet. And then the squeals follow... He cracks us all up. Our little sunshineBoy...

We broke out his jumperoo that AuntRae gave James. He loves it. He enjoys being up right and being able to kick off with his legs extended. He's doing great with head and trunk control... can pull things into his mouth, suck on his fingers, grab his feet. He loves reading and singing most of all.

I can't wait to start making his bebe.food. James ate homemade bebe food and it was such a special experience for us. A true extension of breastfeeding... I remember our days to the market, us exploring the produce for our next veggie. I want the boys to understand the connection between what is produced from the Earth to the food they eat. It was one of my favorite stages... Now that James is a big boy, I expect it being a big family affair. I just can't wait. *And it's super.duper easy to do- so if you are interested in the actual process, lemme know. 'Cause it's extra.easy and affordable.

I'm also obsessing over wanting to make his clothes... or at least some of them. I'm dreaming about sweet little jonjons to show off all his bebe goodness. Maybe I can get started on that this weekend...

As for the pic above, I love it so much. I'm thinking about taking a similar picture using each bebe.food he tries and then grouping all together as one installment somewhere in the house...

OH! I almost forgot!! His four month appt went great. He's weighing in at 18lbs! So that puts him in the 95th percentile for weight. Everything looks good... and the doctor is pleased with how alert and responsive he is. No rolling yet, but you could probably have expected that with his big.ole.jug.head and wheels. He's got more to move! Funny.

Peace, love, and thunder.thighs.
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Grace said...

so darn stinkin cute!!! Why is thunder thighs cute on babies but on us it is gross???? lol Hugs Grace

Anonymous said...

Okay Lindsey Knight Whitty (correct me if any of this is wrong), you have inspired me to update my blog. You are very clever (and very beautiful) (and your daddy taught my 15(!!!) year old daughter how to drive this summer. I would love for you to see my blog but alas, I don't have your email. So,if you care to read my meandering thoughts, shoot it to me.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.