Friday, August 28, 2009

TGIF: *TTV Style*


A few things today before heading into the weekend.

I just pre.washed some fabrics and batting for some bebe.bibs. I'm so happy. Loves.

I'm afraid Jackson's first words will be 'self.soothe' since that's our current campaign in raising this littleDuck. It's so hard. On. Me. He's got the sweetest shineFace and every time I go into his room after he's woken up way.toooo.early from a nap, he just starts flashing me all his shinyLove. AND it's hard to resist picking him up to bounce.shush.sing him back down to sleep. *I will not spoil this child. I will not spoil this child. I will not spoil this child. God, I think I'm spoiling this child.* So now I look at his feet when I go back in to give him his NuNu... because I.must.avoid.eye.contact.at.all.cost!!! Self.soothe Jackson! SELF.SOOTHE.

I'm gearing up for football season. In fact, I'm whipping up some LSU.front.door.love for myself and Carla this weekend. We've got a family day planned... which actually includes us going (alone) to the HobLob to get our supplies. I've got my tackle box waiting! If there is anything (other than me missing being in school) I've been really missing my floral design. I miss messy back rooms, rotating coolers, processing drop shipments, greening up designs... and making the most beautiful ideas come to life. So... uh... Tweee, I think you found your girl. ;)

AND I've been on a true photo.surge lately. I need to get behind the camera again in a more professional way. Gosh, I was on the cusp right before Jax came... now, I feel centered to keep moving that way. I'm learning a lot. Especially flexing my Photoshop muscles. I learned a new technique this week. It's called Through the Viewfinder photography. It's where you take an old duo.lens camera- the dirtier the better- and take a digital picture through the viewfinder of the vintage camera. The results are incredible. Artistic. Reminiscent. Beautiful. So I'm now wanting to collect vintage cameras... *sigh* Anywho, these are a few old images I took and never processed. I simulated the TTV style through the ever.impressive.Photoshop. I love love LOVE the results. I've GOT to get into this for.reals.

Check it!
*****









I've got the best readers in the world, and I appreciate your kind comments. Being a SAHM is limiting in a lot of ways. For the most part, I stay home with the kids fanning the HomeFires day in.and.day out. Of course, the husband and boys THRIVE off of my efforts- so that's good. BUT it's generally me who takes the hit... socially. I've been amazed at how generous my blog.friendlies have been over the past (especially) four months. Yall know just what to say to encourage me to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow. And that generosity really sweetens this deal! So thanks THANKS for reading... caring... and letting me know. :o)

*I just updated my profile to include my email... I've had so many request to do this- I feel silly for waiting THIS long! So, you can now email me directly through this blog.*

Peace, love, and weekends!
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Carley said...

I LOVE the new pics. Along with our wreath-making we may have to throw a photo shop lesson in there. Can't wait for tomorrow!

thuy said...

you need to teach me some stuff on photoshop...i only know how to crop and text..heheeh...

hey i have a big wedding in june in baton rouge...hopefully you'll be available i may call on you....

jax is getting so big....and you look great.

Life's Little Lessons said...

That is sooo true about the second one and self-soothing! I had to laugh when I read that because I find myself ducking behind the crib so she doesn't see me...hoping she'll go back to sleep! And I love the pictures!