Monday, August 3, 2009

theHotness


Yes, this post is all about my best.boy.

Marcus turned 30 this past Saturday. The crazy thing is, for the past couple of months we've been in a really reflective place... constantly looking back at where we were then- and being thankful for where we are now... and redefining where we want to be in the future. Sure, it's something we do often- but this time it feels different.

We've been married now for nearly six years, which makes nine years together. And I can honestly say that I married the best man in the world. But the thing is, I married him on potential. I had an idea of who I thought he would grow to be. I had a hunch of what kind of provider, husband, father he would be. But me saying 'yes' was based on just that: a hunch, a thought, a feeling, a guess.

Would he would rise to the occasion when the time came? Could he make the tough choices that would keep our family growing and moving forward? Would he leave childish things behind in order to grow as the leader of our family?

Yes. He did... and he continues to.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world. And my boys have the best example for a father.

So now he's 30! We celebrated by making him a homemade German chocolate cake and going on a dinner date. We sipped coffee and talked about all the things we've accomplished in the past few years, and all the things we hope to accomplish in the next few. *This is one of my top.ten favorite things about him. He's a planner. He decides what he wants for me and the boys, and he is relentless about working towards those goals. We benefit from his persistence and motivation.

With two precious boys under his belt, an awesome and advancing career, a fulfilling marriage, a beautiful home.... He's accomplished so much! I'm so proud to be his. We've got so much to look forward to.

Now here are a few candids we snapped as we cut the cake.







Peace, love, and Promises.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

Carley said...

What a great brood of boys you have! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jill said...

Bebe Jax has such great expressions in all of these. He's just chilling, or thinking That's FIRE people! in the cake one. Hehe.

I know what you mean about the potential thing. For me with J, it was a huge leap of faith. He had a rep as a bit of a bad boy, but I believed in him and what he could be. To me, that's what I like to call the fitting puzzle pieces. I think the right partner - aka soulmate - can bring the best out of you.

So happy for you two. Birthday wishes to the man of the house.