Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meet Crawfish...


Yes, he is an alligator but his name is Crawfish. At least that's what James named him. Let's start over, shall we?

Yesterday afternoon, as usual, we took the yard to play some mean t.ball. As we did, Marcus yelled out that we had an alligator in the lake behind the house. I was a bit skeptical at this declaration coming from a Texas.city.boy. I mean... it's prolly a couple of turtles getting air. So I took a look. Sure enough, there he was. From the yard, he looked fairly big.ish. But today when we went down to check on him (read: feed him and name him) he really isn't all that big. From snout to tail he's probably right over 2 feet. But his body is pretty small.

I asked James what we should name him and without much thinking at all he said, 'How 'bout Crawfish. Dat's a great idea.' Voila!

Now, we won't let Crawfish stay long. He will get bigger... and his momma is prolly lurking around somewhere. So before he gets too hungry, we will relocate him somewhere safe. BUT for now, we are going to feed him stale pantry fair. Today was vanilla wafers and last weeks turkey. He loved it. Especially the vanilla wafers.

*So for all you resident Louisianians, here we go again perpetuating the stereotype that we all have alligators in our backyards. ;)

**For all you non.LAans, meet our pet alligator, Crawfish. Don't worry, we will eat him before he starts dragging small dogs and children off. ;)

I'm about to get cliche... get ready.... *wait for it*

See you later, Alligator!

*yessssssssssss*

Peace, love, and fauna.
xo
lmkw

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you will only eat him after you either boil him in Zatarains or deep-fat fry him!

Carley said...

Great Post! I can remember going to church camp and them asking me if I rode to school in a boat. Yep through the swamp is what I would tell them.

CawieLyn said...

So for the 'cliche' part, I was expecting something along the lines of gator=tiger bait!

Jill said...

So this is like the bebe alligaters you get to pet at the farms? Bet his mouth isn't taped shut tho. ;)

He's a cute lil bugger. Hope you don't get to meet his mama!

MsAmerica said...

You should see the gator in my back yard. He's huge. Haha.

The little gator is cute. Love the pictures. I bet James loved that!!!

GreenErica said...

WHAAAAT!?!?!?

If it weren't 1:15am I'd be on the phone with you right now!

Are you kidding me!?!?!?

That's it we're coming out this weekend.

Callie said...

Crazy!!!! Fun :)