Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh! Christmas...



Hello there...

I've been battling much here lately. Nothing sad or dreadful- just the usual Bustle that beats it's way into my life this time of year. I'll admit, that I look forward to Christmas... with it's Magic, it's smell... the Cozy that hard effort provides. But then it starts. December 1st. Then 4th and 10th... and now December 16th. Half way through the season, and what do I have to show for it?

My To.Do list has some scribbles and checks, which is a good sign... but at this exact moment, my life is hanging between the balance of Holiday Magic and The Daily Grind. Of course, each year I promise myself to limit this and that... keep my stress levels low and my spirits high. And every year I fall somewhere on that scale between Missed.the.Boat and Utter.Success. So far, I'm treading water... holding my own... with lots having been accomplished, and lots left to do. The shopping is nearly complete. I've got much of it wrapped and ready- and waiting for the rest to be delivered on our Christmas.stoop. I've got the boys ready for a Christmas shoot. Our annual 'look at us now' effort to document who they are at this very moment in time. My Christmas cookie list has populated itself... and I look forward to working that out in my kitchen as my boys look on with hungry eyes and sticky fingers. My bed is still unmade... :)

Things are different this year, though. James is decoding all this Christmas business and asking lots of questions and trying to figure it all out. He's so excited. Everything seems to amaze him! It's precious. His level of excitement directly coorelates to the volume of his voice. And since everyday he experiences something 'new' our Little.Nest gets louder and louder. It's adorable. He is my little Christmas boy... He made me a mother nearly 4 Christmases ago. The season hasn't been the same since. My little Rocky.Horse... My little Gingerbread.Boy...

Of course he had his annual photoshoot with Santa again this year. Same time, each year, same Santa. He gets to ride in Santa's sleigh and spend a whole evening with the guy. I believe he wished for a piano this year. :)





It's theDucklings FIRST Christmas... oh, that child! He is crawling, pushing, and scooting everywhere now. I love it. He's so fat and luscious. We tend to gather him up and tuck in to his warm.buttery.goodness. Our little Figgy.Pudding... :)


TheHotness is winding down his week, ready for his Christmas holiday. Two full weeks home with us... waking up together, sharing coffee and breakfast. *I can't wait*

Mustard.Seed is quiet for now, until the first week of January. I've been so busy. It's been magical. I'll release my website the first of January! I can't wait to share it... :)

I'm hoping to blog more now I'm caught up on things. I'm also getting the details for James' birthday lined out. My little Wild Thing is going to have quite the Wild Rumpus here in a few weeks...

Merry Christmas, lovelies... I hope in your corner of this Life, all is Merry and Bright.

Peace, love, and hazelnut.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I always love reading your blogs and seeing new pics of the boys. Oh how I love Jackson's little rolls! Could eat him up! :)

Love Love!

Life's Little Lessons said...

James is so cute with Santa...I must say that he looks like the real deal...Santa that is:) Jackson is getting so big...the second grows so fast. It is true that things get so busy around this time, yet there is so much I want to do! Enjoy!

Lacey said...

I wish I could write as clever as you do!!! Loved it! And loved the pictures of James with Santa! How awesome!

P.S- Email me your address please. Lyarn1@gmail.com
THANKS!

Pam said...

Your pictures are so meaningful and special! I can't wait to see your website! When Brian and I get ready to have some little ones we are definitely going to set up a session with you. You just seem to capture "it".