Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving, in particular...



The details of The Day are as follows...

Generally, our Thanksgiving Feast is held at my sister's house. However, this year she was recovering from surgery and Momma had a brand.spankin.new.custom.cypress dinner table. It's a big deal- the table, not the surgery. My mother loves beautiful things... She loves them so much that unless she finds that perfect addition, she would rather go without. The apple didn't fall far. Anywho, with much begging and pleading, we convinced Carlie to let us temporarily give Thanksgiving to Mother. Just this year. Just this one year. Carlie needed the R&R. And to make this perfectly clear in blogland, Momma having a table is a really big deal in our world... deserving of a proper feast. :)

There were the usual players- my parents, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin+Fiance... Carlie, Wes, and the kids... and TBOY! Tboy was in town with his perfect.my.favorite.ever girlfriend and Dixie, his puppers. I loved having him home and didn't nearly get enough time with him. He got a kick out of Jackson and James... and spent the entire day holding one and tackling the other- not at the same time, you understand. I wish he were here all the time...


We truly had a feast! Fried turkey, praline sweet potatoes, my.fav.pea.salad, green bean casserole, Momma's corn bread dressin', my Grandmother's ambrosia and cranberry salad... I'm missing something... Then on to dessert, with which I take full credit. Individual pumpkin and apple pocket pies, chocolate Italian cream cake, gingerbread turkeys... and other yummies that I'm forgetting.



I loved the day, the food, the people, and the football game afterwards. It's fun to get outside and play like a boy. Our kids (Carlie's and mine) were so much stinkin' fun... and when theHotness picked me up and twirled me around in the air to 'tackle' me I felt like a girl again. He's a mountain.of.a.man and I love it when he reminds me. Carlie propped theDuckling up against the picture window to watch us. James would drop his shoulder and tackle anything in his path- regardless what his mother said. The men loved this. He was in Heaven. In that moment, we all were.

Peace, love, and grass.stains,
xo
lmkw

No comments: