Monday, February 8, 2010

What a weekend!

I went into this weekend like any other. Looking forward to having theHotness home to play house with us... me wrapping up another session at Trinity... and a photoshoot. Nothing in particular planned by me... just ready to roll with it.

But I wasn't expecting all the extra.fun we had.

So Friday night, my favorite collection of husbands (mine and my friend's) treated us to a double.date.night at Ninfa's. We had the best dinner and dinner conversation then made our way downtown for the Krewe Of Artemis mardi gras parade. This was prolly the first Mardi Gras parade that James could remember. We had the best time. We drove right up and parked, walked up two blocks and caught the parade... no crowds. No crazies. Just fun. We caught plenty of beads then headed back to the car to catch it a second time. The theme was children's literature. Yes, you read that right. So, I was extra.happy. I reeeeally wanted to see a David Shannon float or something... Who doesn't like a little 'No, David!' ??? And James wanted to see a Jane Yoland 'Dinasaur' series float... BUT we were happy with the Three Little Pigs, Peter Pan, etc.

On the way home, James called his PawPaw and told him all about the 'big trucks wiff lights on dem. They frow things at me like BEADS and TAMBOURINES and sumfing call a moonpie.' :) It made me wish my Texans were here to experience the joie.de.vive we've got going on down here in South Louisiana.

Sweet little iphone pic.

Then Saturday, after teaching, we headed out to do a little spring shopping for the boy.joys. Matching plaid outfits. Green everything. Hello, happiness. Now, if we can only get some warm weather... Since we were out late, we grabbed some Lebanese.Lovin. I'm sorry. Seafood and Lebanese food are my most favorite things to eat... period.

Which brings me to Sunday... SUPER BOWL Sunday. :)
I started my day with a photoshoot. OH MY GOODNESS! Train tracks... Shooting with my super.wide.angle.love... my long lens racked out at 200... THEN topped it off with a little wide.open.portrait love. *a.photographer's.trifecta* Loved every single second. I'm sitting on a heap of great images to post. Makes me feel like Christmas Morning. :)




Then I rushed home to grab them Manlies to head out to a Super.Bowl.Date with our Favorites. Usually the parties take place at our house- but I had too much going on to get it all together. So, it was a dream.come.true to go somewhere else! A real treat for me... and the food and fellowship couldn't have been better! PLUS our boys WON! Who Dat!?!?! Holy Cow! How can it get any better than that?

So that's how my weekend rocked my socks.
You got to love it when that happens.

Peace, Love, fast lenses and super.cute.kids.
xo
lmkw

No comments: