Thursday, February 25, 2010

*yawn*

Oh, sweet blog!

Where have I been? My goodness... The past week.and.a.half has been a blur! And I'm not complaining, since Blur is my new thing. But I have been busy.

Houston was super.fun and restful.
TheHotness courted me for 4 straight days.
I'd put him up to any guy out there...
theDuckling got this random fever virus.
He's fine.
He slept in my arms which made me feel guilty
bc I like it so much.
I bought some delish new bedding and things for the room.renny.
I ate chipotle twice in four days.
Carnitas.soft.tacos.
mmmMMmm
I didn't buy new shoes like I needed,
but I did buy a new pair of jeans that I didn't need.
We accumulated a lot of dirty laundry.
I had to request 4 'dirty laundry' bags from the concierge.
I walked into a West Elm for the first time ever.
There was singing, and a nice lady named Nicole.
I walked out with a bag on my arm that I could barely carry.
theHotness was on the other arm.
I secretly made a mental tally.stroke on how generous he is.
I decided that counting the tally.marks weren't important... bc they pointed to: Very.
My mind wandered off about the issues of Cloning while we walked to the car
then he interupted my thought process.
What would you like for dinner?
A Sangria.
You mean Italian?
Yes, please.

Then...

We drove home and James Neal talked/sang/asked questions the entire 5 hours.
The entire.five.hours. (repetition creates emphasis) :)
By the time we reached the Mississippi River Bridge we reverted to old strategies.
Vintage ones our parents use to say that we swore we never would.
IF YOU DON'T HUSH YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO PULL THIS CAR OVER!
To our surprise, it worked.
And he doesn't seem scarred by it yet.;)
We had exactly 17 minutes chatter.free to ride in peace.
I started the laundry.
I had a bebe... well, I was given a bebe. A Lens Baby.
Oh my.
It was love at first shutter.drop.
I rolled around in all the Blur.

Tivoed episodes of Lost were on as I downloaded my first set of images.
I thought:
He notices everything, doesn't he?
He should get a chocolate pie.
Noted.
theDuckling went to the doctor.
My mother.super.slooth.instincts were right: ear.infection.
I secretly made another mental tally.stroke... two down, one more to go... for Tubes.
Yes, I said it.
My mom had a birthday.
We threw her a party.
Or more appropriately: a Party.
It wasn't practical at all, and it certainly didn't help the laundry issue, or the sick bebe thing: I let James do most of the work.
I watched, facilitated, and kept myself from jumping in when he dipped 60 strawberries in chocolate, made custom place mats, frosted cupcakes, and clumsily handle the beautifully fragile raspberries.
My mom enjoyed it.
And raved over this and that.
But then again, she's my momma.
She's suppose to.
You know?




I discovered the easiest, most delicious homemade chocolate icing recipe.
Thanks, Ree Drummond.
The laundry is still undone, but on it's way...
I still can't believe I have my very own Lens Baby...
and a rad.fish.eye.optic.

And it doesn't wake me up at night,
nor does it require for me to wear a nursing bra.
Oh, and I'm an adult Lady now.
I've started using nice face wash.
Like.
For the face.
and not bar soap.
The sales guy had the prettiest skin and tiniest.are.you.kidding.me pores.
Not to mention incredibly tweased brows.
Picture.perfect arch.
Sold.
Ring it up.
It's about time I take care of this face.
Not like I'm getting any younger...

:)

I have client edits to do here this week... and a big weekend ahead.

So, that's its!

Peace, love, and modal fabric.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I just love the pioneer woman. I have tried a few of her recipes and all of them have turned out great!

As for the fish eye and blur lens...swoon. How fun!!