Friday, February 26, 2010

Jonquils and Narsisses

or Daffodils and PaperWhites...



The next ones were taken with my fisheye lens... *love* the distortion.



At this time every year, my mother's yard becomes laced with these little lovelies... Very William.Blake.ish... Hundreds, if not thousands stud the grounds around the house I grew up in.

They top my list of favorite flowers... and their smell is second to none.

The narcisses didn't make the cut. They are on my windowsill and I need to get a few pictures of them... but take my word for it. They are beautiful. :)

***I took all of these with my LensBaby... just playing around... trying to find my sweet.spot.

Off to finish the laundry. I think we will be spending our weekend day.tripping... and trying our best to usher in SpringTime.

Peace, love, and yellow.
xo
lmkw

2 comments:

CountryCouture said...

My son picks our paperwhites and brings them inside for me. I stick them on the table for supper, then they immediately go in the trash. They smell like epoxy to me! I can't stand it! Am I the only one?

GreenErica said...

They remind me of the flowers that come to life in Fantasia. Or is it Alice in Wonderland......maybe both. Can't wait to see how and where you find your sweet spot! Love