Friday, September 26, 2008

Mother Goose and Charlotte's Web...

Happy Friday, friends!

It is, in fact, here! And Saturday and Sunday promise pretty weather, Tiger Football, and birthday parties. So *cheers* to the weekend.

I'm feeling some better... morning and mid-day seem to be easing up a tiny bit, leaving my afternoon and nights the worst part of my day. Good news? The Hotness is home from work by then, so if I need to hide behind a rock... or in the bed, for that matter, I can. *Which leads me to make this point. Marcus is the yin to my yang, the sweet in my tea, the cream cheese to my salsa, the purple to my gold, the cranberries to my turkey, the Simon to my Garfunkel, the mango to my chutney--- and so on. Honestly, he's picked up so much slack around here lately. Cooks, cleans, raises the young son... and never grumbles when I ask for more ice water (which needs refilling on the quarter hour). I can't imagine someone more generous than this guy... He's just what I need.

Yesterday the green waves broke for a few hours mid-day, without thinking twice, I grabbed my bebe.boy and headed off to the LSU lakes for a picnic lunch and to feed the ducks. The weather is too pretty to stay in yet another day- so I grabbed my puke bag for the road, my saltine crackers and ice water and we headed out.

On our way to the car, we encountered this beautiful creature.

Spectacular isn't she? She's an immature Black Widow Spider. Totally freaked us out! She had spun her haphazard web on James' tricycle over night. I walked through the edge of her web before really seeing her. But all is well. Generally speaking, I wouldn't have hurt her- bc she had no real intentions of hurting me... I'm not a preemptive.strike kinda chic- however, the fact that she made her death web on Beaux Jack's tricycle, and the thought that she could have bitten my little duckling, made me go ahead and take her out.

So, that's that. Where there is one, there will be more- so I suppose I need to de-clutter the garage from the extra moving stuff, and spray for spiders. I dread it- cause there are more good spiders out there than bad... but I've got to keep James' toys killer.spider free.

So, after the execution, we headed out to Cane's to grab us some chicken.finger goodness for the lakes. I needed this outing so bad... well, we both did. James' is suffering from my recent state, too. He's lonely, less stimulated, and has been left to his own devises as of late--- so this was a perfect time for us to reconnect and fall back in love. And fall, we did. It was splendid. Here are a few pics of out little outing...








That's all for now! Oh, totally stoked about tonight's debate. Can't flipping wait, actually. So, set your tivos and DVRs if you plan on missing it.

Oh, what did yall think about Earl, The Office, and Grey's premiers last night??? I'm curious to hear what you thought. Maybe that can be another post. Oh, and have you caught any of the new shows??? Tell me if you found something you are excited about. I totally dig the Worst Week show... and The Mentalist. Can't wait for Pushing Daisies again... and am still mourning that Cane won't be back this season. Who's gonna fill my Jimmy Smits size whole in my heart??? Who! oh, wait! Maybe
Yang's thigh.staplin.journeyman.army.dude.red.headed.hunka.hunka.burnin love last night on Greys!!! Holy cow. Oh, how Grey's needs him... ;)

So, Peace my brothas and sistas!
xo.
lmkw

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...

"Worst Week" was absolutely hilarious! I loved it. I was telling Brian about it. You know, the cutie Board guy.

Yeah, this is E. Well, Miss America E. There... Lol. Oh, and so thank you for the notes at the office. I loved them! And I have been blogging on here some. I only have a few posts. But I'm trying. I love ya!

Anonymous said...

hmmm... Don't hate me, but aside from the spider goo on my shoe, I think I would have enjoyed smushing that spider... especially if it attached itself to anything that my children could touch!

Funny coincidence... you guys had Cane's and ducks on Friday, while we had Cane's on Saturday (in honor of LSU) and then ducks Sunday. We're still thinking alike even if we are a state away!

Please tell me you are still feeling a bit better. Oh, and where the heck is your ultrasound photo? I want to see!!!!

Janee said...

As much as I love these precious pictures, it is totally time for an update!!! : )

P.S.- Mom and Dad have about 7 caterpillers munching away on milkweed in their dining room, thanks to your inspiration!

MsAmerica said...

Ok, Missy. I SO have seen the Jesus statue before. And get this, I thought of you when I saw it. How random! Lol. Anyway, I got a good gander at the the other day ( I thought about your blog.) It's a total illusion. I pass it up everyday going to the gym. I chuckled when I saw that, I so had a fit when I saw it the first time too.

Hope the sickness is getting better. I can't wait to leave you random messages at the school when you teach! :) xo