Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter and the perspective it brings...

*I have to appologize in advance- this will be a mini.picture.less.post BUT I can't let the day pass without updating quickly.

Oh, Easter! I serve a living God! One who shows up in my life everyday... I live in the assurance that my life, my family- is secure in our time here on Earth, and is guaranteed the promise fulfilled in Heaven. Grace.Mercy.Love.Faith. I've earned nothing, yet He calls me His Beloved... How's that for perspective?

I missed Sugarbutt's Tea Party. It was Saturday- and my invite got lost in cyber.space. By the time we figured it out, we had already made family plans... But to be honest, it was for the best. This is the last holiday with my family of THREE. We attended a local church's Easter.Egg.Hunt. James with his Easter Basket, tromping through a field littered with thousand of pastel eggs... It never gets old that he's MY kid... and I'm HIS mother- and the life we live together as a family is more than I could ever get a clear handle on. The weather was great, the company greater- and I was there soaking it all in.

We attended a new church this morning for Easter Sunday- lots of good feelings there... God's got a place for us here in La... we will find it. Dinner was at Momma's and Daddy's. Beautifully presented, tasty, and more than enough. The rest of the day was spent hunting eggs, dodging rain, and taking pics. *I got to play with my Easter present... 50mm, 1.4. OH! It's everything I thought it would be. It just may be the thing to re.light my passion behind the camera.

Now, theBoy is bedded down. I'm contracting like crazy. James' bags are packed for Texas for 2.5 days. *Ugh* It makes sense to send him to spend some time with the in.laws in Texas- but the fact that he will be away from me is hard to handle. I'm never good away from him. Neither is Marcus. We really enjoy his company. It's true. The kid cracks us up- and it's hard to not miss him terribly when we aren't around him. (I wish I could just call it all off and keep him here...) *Think of us, will you?

I'm teaching Monday- Thursday, then will be taking a break to have bebe.jax. Daddy is really wanting me to get through these next four days. I think I can do it.

That's it for now... I'll post pics as soon as I get them edited. It's late and I have a big/early day ahead of us.

Peace, love, and assurance.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Janee said...

I get to see you TOMORROW! I bet it's been more than FIVE YEARS since I've seen you face-to-face! Way pumped up! (P.S.- Parker is semi-shy... so it's not you if she's mama-clingy!)