Monday, April 20, 2009

The Latest and Greatest...

It's been a week since Easter, and I've yet to post pictures. Even though I'm a pregnant mother of one, my friends and blog.friendlies have voiced their disapproval. I know. I get it. And yes, I will oblige. ;)

However, I'm feeling a bit under.creative so I will update first, then just lob on those promised pics at the end of the post. It's all the same really...

Lets see, the first four days of the past week were spent teaching Drivers.Ed to the cutest batch of teenagers known to man. All that teen.angst wrapped up in Aeropostal and American Eagle, crunching on Hot Fries and Funyuns while downing an endless supply of Red Bulls and Monster energy drinks. Adorable, really. Who knew 15 year olds were much more interested in the child.birthing process than Right.Of.Way and Hydroplaning? Honestly, my stomach captivated them. Of course, these days it is down right spectacular in a carnie sort of way. Thank goodness the class ended on Thursday, because my kids were threatening to YouTube birthing videos just in case I was to go into labor somewhere between the alcohol chapter and Driving While Drowsy. But class did end at 2:30 Thursday and I released 30 teenagers back into the wild, to eventually find their way to the highways and byways of Greater Baton Rouge.

James came home from his hiatus with the inlaws. I could finally breathe again. The rest of the weekend was spent in high.gear nesting mode. I cleaned and organized and cooked. I decided to make a few meals in order to freeze them for quick meals after bebe.jax comes. While elbow deep in dinners, I decided to whip up a few of theHotness' favorite pies and desserts, too. Because, I mean, when I'm in bed recovering from the !get.him.out! process of childbirth and nursing every two hours- do I really want theHotness to rough it without dessert after dinner? *Ridiculous, I am. Perhaps that decision was just an example of nesting.gone.wrong. But here is where my hormone riddle brain really failed me: cooking dinners ahead to freeze is a great idea IF you don't eat them AND you actually freeze them. However, my men swarmed me in the kitchen eating a little here and a little there... word got out that I was cooking, and a swarm of various folks conveniently dropped in to say hello... and *poof* my good intentions were reduced to a sink full of dirty dishes. *And no, that doesn't include you Sugarbutt... bc after all, you PROMISED to bring me some food after bebe.jax gets here, dear thing.

I'm trying to stock pile my bread supply too. Since the beginning of the year, I've been making our sandwich bread- thanks to my domestic mentor Kathryn. However, making up extra loaves is tough- because Marcus and James won't stop eating slice after slice. Thank goodness it's extra healthy... but I can't seem to get ahead. Would it be wrong to slip in some laxatives in order to deter the buggars? Kathryn, can I put a couple of fresh baked loaves in the freezer? Do you think it would mess them up?

Anywho, I've made a couple of ball games at the ball park. My nieces and nephew are playing nearly nightly. So I do what I can there... And that's about it.

I go to Maternal Fetal tomorrow morning for a 38 week scan of the man.child. If he's measuring crazy.big, then I feel like Wednesday will be our big induction date... if he's just a wee eight or so pounder, they may let me go to next Monday. We'll see. After that appt tomorrow, I plan on stopping by Our Daily Bread to stock up on my lotions and potions for breastfeeding. Fenugreek, Mother's Milk Tea, Brewers yeast, lanolin... all the things necessary to transform me into a milk.maiden. Think Heidi... or Julie Andrews... My hills are aliiiive! TMI?

That's it, folks. I really should join Twitter tonight, so I can post my feed here for you friendlies. It would be easy... maybe I will. I'll update you on my appt tomorrow some time. Hopefully I will have new pics of fat.bebe.jax, too! Soon enough, you will have more pics than you'll know what to do with!

Until then, here are the Easter pics...




This picture of me and Carley is hilarious... next to my generously large physique, Carley looks down.right malnourished. ;)




















I have some really special shots of James with his cousins... but I really should ask permission to post those first.

That's all friends. *Thanks for the support- I love finding out who reads my blog. It's so much fun.

Peace, love, and men.who've.learned.how.to.clean.toilets,
xo
lmkw

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You look fantastic! Hope your appointment goes/went well--and I wish that I'd known about fennugreek and mother's milk BEFORE giving birth!

Carley said...

Ha! I actually am somewhat malnourished. Addison keeps me hopping and I find myself missing meals. I do manage to eat a half gallon of ice cream a week though. I'm still planning my dinner for your guys. Don't be scared - Erik says it really is one of the better things I cook. You're at your appointment now and I'm waiting on pins and needles for the update! That picture of you and Reagan is fabulous by the way.

Janee said...

I'm not a fabulous cook, but I could totally pick up Chili's or something and come visit/deliver a not-so-home-cooked meal! : ) In fact, I would LOVE to!

Jennifer said...

I love reading your blogs! They ALWAYS bring a smile to my face. :) We will get together one of these day, we must! Haven't seen you since high school, but through your blogs and facebook chatting back and forth with one another I feel as though I know you better now than I did way back when. Anyhow, I can't wait to see pics of the new bebe boy! :)

Love ya dear!

Becca G! said...

wow... you look amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics in this blog! And looking so forward to seeing many adorable pics of the newest Whitty! Plus I am excited to see little(big) James acting as a Big brother... I know he will be great!
I wish I lived closer to come by and spoil all of you when you are out of commission!
Sending good thoughts and prayers you way always!
--Becca

Kathryn said...

I'm so sorry I haven't commented until now! The bread freezes well, or you can freeze dough balls then all you have to do is let it warm and rise and bake. I hope you'll hear more from me soon. (We've been too busy, and I feel like things are getting away from me...gotta catch up!)