Monday, April 6, 2009

Good to Know!


As promised here is the much anticipated update from my doctor's visit today:
They did the strep B swab thing today. I should hear back in two days or so. It's not a big deal, I just would like to avoid having IV antibiotics during childbirth if I can help it.

I was checked today for dilation, etc... and I'm doing nothing! The hot.doc tossed me a 'finger.tip' dilation verdict (just to be nice, I'm sure) but otherwise, the bebe is still really high and hasn't engaged yet. I'm relieved. I have my last class to teach next Monday through Thursday. I really want to get though those classes before I go into labor.

Hot.doc reviewed the ultrasound pics and weighed in on bebe.jax's weight issue. Results are in: I will be induced, for sure. His weight may eclipse James' and going into that 10+ lb range may put me at risk for a c.section. Well, let me explain it like the hot.doc did: delivering at 38 weeks gives us a 98.6% of success as far as the bebe having any complications. Delivering at 39 weeks gives us a 99.7% success rate as far as complications... BUT waiting the additional week, depending on his late weight gain can dramatically increase my chance of needing an emergency section. So... good enough for me.

That brings us to an induction time for the week of the 21st or 27th of this month! So if I don't go into labor earlier, I'll have me a bebe at the end of April!

*I experienced a painful spell earlier today in my ribs. Not a little toe wiggle here or there--- but a drop to my knees, couldn't breath, debilitating sort of pain that lasted about 30 minutes. We can only assume what cause that pain- but the doctor illuded to the fact that when you get into the territory of 'macro' bebies (big.chunk.bebies) sometimes they can actually stretch, bruise, and aggravate my organs, tendons, muscles that are pushed up so high- or pushed down so low. My sister mentioned a friend who actually was diagnosed with a 'bruised liver' after the delivery of her 10 pounder. Nice, huh? So until bebe.jax gets here, he's got free reign of my insides. Let's hope he's a gentle.giant.

Now, for other randoms:

Watched Australia last night with theHotness. Loved it. It's an epic. It's over.the.top. It's melodramatic. The story was nice and long and didn't leave me with any loose ends. *So shut it, critics. I liked it.

I'm enjoying the last of my love.affair with Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I'm not a big candy eater, but please, chocolate covered peanut.butter patties in the shape of chicken eggs- frozen in the freezer make me so happy!!! Can't wait til next year...

Wrapping up the last of the Easter goodies for the Beaux.Jack... can't wait for egg hunts.

Thanks for the generous comments about ma'sewin! Really, I have no skilz outside of what I learned in eight grade home.ec class... and my sewing machine is a hundred dollar job from WalMart. But whatever I lack in skill, the ric.rac and ball fringe make up for it! Now, I do make a mean bebe.sling- but that's another post.

All for now, darlings! Thanks for keeping up with me.

Peace, love, and hugh.jackman.on.horseback,
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Carley said...

Yay I was waiting for this update - if it wasn't here I was debating whether it was too early to call this morning. Addison had my liver congested and she was only 4 lbs! I shudder to think what a baby his size would do to me. I can't wait to meet Jackson - he'll be here before we know it!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness. I do that too with the PB candy in the freezer! So delicious! And I hate when I don't have one waiting for me in there and I have to wait until it freezes. Grr. :)

Girl you got yourself a housefull (and surely belly full) of football player sized ones huh? I'm sure your hubs is so proud too!

Grace said...

I had to break down and eat 1 of those PB candy egg yesterday! Bad influence you are. lol

Happy joyous Easter to you and your family! Grace xoxox