Monday, March 15, 2010

An Explanation and A Cowboy

Last week was a doozy for me. And that doozy tagged along after a two.week.stint of having sick boys (theLittle, theBigs, and theBiggest). What energy the illnesses didn't exhaust, last week wore the rest of me out. BUT I love my blog. Whether I feel up to writing or not... I hate to let it sit still. So before heading out of town with the boys on a solo (momma and bebies) trip, I wanted to blog a few backlogged thoughts...

Well, thanks to Blogger, I wasted an hour and 15 minutes of my time and brain. When I went to publish, Blogger ate away all of my post and left only the introductory paragraph. I felt defeated... and didn't think I could trump up the energy to correct it. SO... I pouted and fumed and then left for the weekend.

BUT

Now I feel refreshed and ready to give it another go.

Without further adiue:

James went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo... Two days of cowboy goodness.

He was born in Houston, and we've taken him every year- but this year was special. My dad called the morning before he was to leave for the houston.grandparent's house. "Can you have him ready in 30 minutes?" he asked me. "I'm coming to get my boy to go get some cowboy boots." I was in my red.rove unloading the dishwasher and waiting on my second pot of coffee to steep in the french press. SO without much warning, I dressed James for his big day out with PawPaw. I had settled with the idea that his 'city.cowboy.ish' gear would do again this year- but PawPaw had different plans. Off they went to The Western Store.

From what I hear, he had a BIG time. A shopping trip that first was meant to be for boots, after being fitted for the perfect pair, began to necessitate itself upward from the ankles: He needs real cowboy jeans for these boots. He needs a shiny belt buckle for these Wranglers. He needs a real cowboy shirt with pearl buttons for that fancy belt. Well, the boy needs a real Stetson cowboy hat for that shirt! See? It's really that easy... the slippery slope to parenthood. Or GRANDparenthood. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who goes a little overboard when it comes to the kids... Let's just blame the kids! I mean, James is so much fun. He has a huge imagination- and LOVES dress.up and pretend play. And everything is magical to him- so it's hard to hold back when he's so excited and suckers you in...

Plus, PawPaw and Nana are particularly proud of their little George Strait.











Oh, my sweet first.born. He's my little.marvel. I'm so happy he's ours.

So that is the first step in getting up back on track here. Stay tuned for a post a day this week until we are caught up. I've got Jax 10 month pics and stories... An update on my friend Meghan and her current situation STILL IN UGANDA... Tate's Birthday trip to Space... yada yada.

I'll be back soon. Promise.

Peace, love, and tiny.wranglers.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Shonni said...

Be still my heart...he is one handsome little boy! I use to love it when my first born dressed up in his cowboy clothes...now he is 20...of dear...time does fly!