Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TheDuck

Everyone's favorite Duckling turned 10 months a few days ago...

He's learning so fast these days... which is neat to watch especially the second time around.

He's getting closer to walking and it's not a stretch to say that he's into everything. And I love it- because the trick is, it's not my first rodeo. It might be his... but not this ole girl's. Forgive the swagger- especially you mom's of 3+... but take this picture here for instance.

See that little caution lable on the bottom of the blinds? I'm sure it says something like, 'caution: keep bebies away cause they could choke on the cord or something.' When James was 10 months, those cords were tucked away months ago... but Jax got to explore for like... a good five minutes before I found him. No harm, no foul. What could sunshine hurt?



Ah, let's not give him too much credit. Kid's up to no good. There is something in his mouth. Found and foraged off the carpet. Most likely trash. Yes, candy wrapper from theHotness' pants pocket. Disgusting. But delish? *Again, Jax is trying to hide it from me... with that face and those eyes. But come on. I'm no newbie, kid. Get ready for the finger swab.
.
.
.
"No really, Momma... if I were guilty, I'd look it. Or something."



and Voila. Oh the shame...




***I'd like to call this next series of photos 'What happens when you tell Jackson No'



Ahhhh, he spies my tassle on my new curtain panels... could be fun....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A nice calm but firm 'No, Jackson.'

.
.
.
.
Maybe she doesn't mean it? Grab numero two...
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Jackson, No!' Oh, the horror.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay, she means it... but does she have stamina? Can she resist the crazy.eye?

No- really lady, I'm cute and can outlast you...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, trust me kid, I've done this before... I can do it again. Bring it, bud. :)


So that's how far we've come in 10 months. I like it even more the second time around.

Peace, love, and theJacker.
xo
lmkw

7 comments:

Jill said...

Ahh, what a beautiful way to start my morning. Bare chested babies getting into trouble. Especially love his scowls. Is that what the Hotness looks like when Mama tells him no too? Hehe.

I see you growing in your photography, better and deeper with each click. You are the first blog I click on each time I go visiting - inspiring photos and stories, again, perfect start to the day!

xo Jilly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Jax.

(Great pictures Lindsay - I agree with Jill - got to say it's getting better all the time.)

Sorry, my 16 year old (!!!) asked to download my Beatles CD's on her iPhone.

Life's Little Lessons said...

This reminded me so much of Avie...that's what we do all day! He is such a handsome little man...growing so fast! If your like me I'm sure your already thinking about the 1st birthday...if not already have all the details:)

GreenErica said...

This is my favorite blog post EVER. I want all those pics in a collage frame. He's somethin' else!

Lacey said...

So funny!!! Love the second time around!! I enjoy it so much more!

Carley said...

Oh Jackson. Just the right set of photos to bring the biggest smile to my face.

Lynsey Buuck said...

I had to squeal really loud when I read this post! He is picture perfect!